Just purchased the P40 Pro - Do I return it?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hehe, yeah I would defos buy a Sony TV, they're killing it recently with those. Their camera division is class as well, I mean they sell lenses to basically all smartphone manufacturers, yet SOMEHOW they manage to have one of the worst cameras on their Smartphones, boggles my mind.

I have huge respect for Sony. Love their stuff. Even considered the Xperia line off and on.

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I liked some of their features and their hardware is decent but never ahead of the game. I just never understood why they kept making the same boxy, 80's-Volvo-looking phone with those huge bezels (the XZ2 dor example). Reminds of this :p...

tumblr_6f004f1feb63dfe3123a67d523ce678e_761070b7_2560.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Huawei makes great phones. As long as you have all the apps you need without GMS then I think you will be alright to keep your phone.

Unlike a lot of people I really loved my Windows Phone when it was on WP8.1 I loved the layout of the OS and it was a delight to use on my Lumia 925.

Enjoy your phone and see you round the forums. Please post some photos in the relevant thread.

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I liked some of their features and their hardware is decent but never ahead of the game. I just never understood why they kept making the same boxy, 80's-Volvo-looking phone with those huge bezels (the XZ2 dor example). Reminds of this :p...

View attachment 322572

Just to clarify, I am not bashing Sony as a whole, I actually want them do well, so that there is more competition and choice out there, however the way they are now, it's just not for me. :D

garlow

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I have huge respect for Sony. Love their stuff. Even considered the Xperia line off and on.

Always found sonys screens impeccable but their battery unable to support it. Its one of the reasons I made the jump to Huawei in the first place, amazing battery life.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Always found sonys screens impeccable but their battery unable to support it. Its one of the reasons I made the jump to Huawei in the first place, amazing battery life.

Hmm, interesting point. It's kind of sad when the battery cannot support the hardware, in that sense.

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Hmm, interesting point. It's kind of sad when the battery cannot support the hardware, in that sense.

Yeah especially now with smartphones having 90+ Hz refresh rate, it's quite draining, that's why even Samsung's 120hz screen (on the S20+/ultra) defaults to 60/90 to conserve some juice. Makes sense and I think that's why even the P40 pro only has 90hz.

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site

I have been tempted but then ive always got that nagging doubt in my mind, my friend showed me the back of his sony earlier, he said it has this sound thing where you can change the vibration, he doesnt see the point of it as it makes no difference, anyway had hos phone on a table listening to music and the phone vibrated off of the table on to the floor and now has a crack on the back. Even had a case on it!

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Yeah especially now with smartphones having 90+ Hz refresh rate, it's quite draining, that's why even Samsung's 120hz screen (on the S20+/ultra) defaults to 60/90 to conserve some juice. Makes sense and I think that's why even the P40 pro only has 90hz.

I guess they are forward thinking in that sense? I enjoy gaming on my p40 pro as the phones not overheating. Something i experienced with previous phones inc Huaweis!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been tempted but then ive always got that nagging doubt in my mind, my friend showed me the back of his sony earlier, he said it has this sound thing where you can change the vibration, he doesnt see the point of it as it makes no difference, anyway had hos phone on a table listening to music and the phone vibrated off of the table on to the floor and now has a crack on the back. Even had a case on it!

Oh, no! How terrible! That's a very fluke accident, very sad!

xTlex

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site

That's crazy! But I have heard of that before, phones breaking even with cases on like that, very sad. The problem was that the vibrating motor was too strong I suppose.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12