So i've had my P40 Pro for a couple of weeks now and I can honestly say that I don't miss Google maps at all. I've been using "Here" maps which is quite nostalgic for me as it takes me back to the old Nokia Lumia days and how i used to love here maps and actually felt that google maps was a step backwards when I got my Huawei P9. Google maps have caught up with "Here" over the years but I think "Here" is a great choice and were not missing out on anything but not having Google Maps to use as a satnav. I see the AppGallery also has "TomTom AmiGo" Have any of you guys tried that out or have tried both yet and have one you prefer?

Cheers
    08-24-2020 08:36 AM
    So i've had my P40 Pro for a couple of weeks now and I can honestly say that I don't miss Google maps at all. I've been using "Here" maps which is quite nostalgic for me as it takes me back to the old Nokia Lumia days and how i used to love here maps and actually felt that google maps was a step backwards when I got my Huawei P9. Google maps have caught up with "Here" over the years but I think "Here" is a great choice and were not missing out on anything but not having Google Maps to use as a satnav. I see the AppGallery also has "TomTom AmiGo" Have any of you guys tried that out or have tried both yet and have one you prefer?

Cheers
    I tried HereWeGo, and TotTom amigo as well. I still prefer Waze for driving. HereWeGo was definitely my favourite for bicycle and it even has public transport info, which you don't get with Waze. Also it feels really light and minimalist. Amigo seems very close to what Waze is and since I'm used to it now, I just use Waze for driving.
    08-24-2020 08:54 AM

Cheers
    I am definitely liking the TomTom maps!
    I was driving just the other day and I saw a TomTom car driving around my local area (an obscure town in England), and it made me appreciate the effort they're putting in to improve their mapping and be on par with Google.
    08-24-2020 08:58 AM
    I am definitely liking the TomTom maps!
    I was driving just the other day and I saw a TomTom car driving around my local area (an obscure town in England), and it made me appreciate the effort they're putting in to improve their mapping and be on par with Google.
    That's pretty cool, maybe they'll have something like Goole Street View available as well.
    08-25-2020 04:30 AM
    I actually wanted to use HereWeGo exclusively as an experiment and so far I'm loving it. It's definitely a bit different, if you're used to something else, it has a different feeling to it. As I said, it feels minimalist, but it actually has quite a few features.
    08-25-2020 07:51 AM

Cheers
    100% I prefer here maps. I do agree Google has its good points too.

From an overall experience though definitely here maps.

I heard there was a Tom Tom app too coming anyone heard anything about that?
    08-25-2020 08:23 AM
    I tried HereWeGo, and TotTom amigo as well. I still prefer Waze for driving. HereWeGo was definitely my favourite for bicycle and it even has public transport info, which you don't get with Waze. Also it feels really light and minimalist. Amigo seems very close to what Waze is and since I'm used to it now, I just use Waze for driving.
    Thanks mate. Ill give waze a try see how i get on.
    08-25-2020 10:48 AM
    100% I prefer here maps. I do agree Google has its good points too.

From an overall experience though definitely here maps.

I heard there was a Tom Tom app too coming anyone heard anything about that?
    It's out already and pretty good
    08-25-2020 12:17 PM
    It's out already and pretty good
    Yup, it's called TomTom AmiGo and you can get it on the Huawei App Gallery.
    08-26-2020 09:12 AM
    I havent missed it because i still use it, between that and Waze i knid of use both
    08-26-2020 09:40 AM
    I'm with Onken. Oaxaca, Mexico, isn't covered very well by any but I like Google Maps the most so that's what I'm using.
    12-27-2020 01:42 PM