Not sure how legit is this source but things are not looking good for them. What does this mean for all current Huawei owners? Are we still getting phone support like software?

https://tfipost.com/2020/09/huawei-t...tech-industry/

09-02-2020 12:43 PM
    Not sure how legit is this source but things are not looking good for them. What does this mean for all current Huawei owners? Are we still getting phone support like software?

https://tfipost.com/2020/09/huawei-t...tech-industry/

Owning the P20 & Pro was never too impressed with the support I received. System updates were always slow and security patches were nowhere what Huawei claimed they'd be falling waaaaay short of monthlies. Then EMUI 10 was announced and what a fiasco that's turned out to be, believe we're into the 9th month for P20 Series (STILL waiting on it to finalize for all regions/variants), and several other Huawei devices (various models) are in the same boat.

After my personal experiences, especially w/10, Ive already decided my P20's would be the last Huawei's ever. So basically, no love lost here if they fade away into the sunset... Yup their hardware is definitely first rate but support (for some regions/variants) is atrocious IMHO.
    Casualballer likes this.
    09-02-2020 09:22 PM
    Sounds ominous and unnerving, for sure, but I'd wait for confirmation from Huawei or from a more well-known source before worrying. Rest easy!
    09-02-2020 09:46 PM
    When it comes to the updates i honestly don't have any issues their updates were pretty good for me coming from P20/P30 pro I blame the carrier on this to be honest. I found Rogers was really slow, both Bell and Telus are the same when pushing the software they are a little bit better than Rogers. Who's your carrier?
    09-03-2020 09:03 AM
    My P40 is getting the monthly android security updates before my friends on Samsungs etc so i wouldn't be too worried about that. This is all political and China is yet to really do anything in return to the USA. I personally think they are waiting to see if Trump gets reelected and will take it from there. It's frustrating reading articles like that though that cherry pick things and write an article to fit a certain narrative rather than present a balanced piece. That's modern journalism though. Huawei are opening high street stores in the UK soon that takes a lot of investment. Doesn't seem like a company on "its last breath" like the article sais.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-03-2020 09:21 AM
    When it comes to the updates i honestly don't have any issues their updates were pretty good for me coming from P20/P30 pro I blame the carrier on this to be honest. I found Rogers was really slow, both Bell and Telus are the same when pushing the software they are a little bit better than Rogers. Who's your carrier?
    Rogers is not good for software updates. I'm with Rogers and my S10 is just downloading the August update now.
    09-03-2020 07:11 PM
    I didn't bother reading the article, the headline alone is click bait and makes it clear the author doesn't know jack about Huawei.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    09-03-2020 09:32 PM
    After the EMUI 10 fiasco I'm confident Huawei is behind most of the delays and not the carriers, since "Open Market" devices also experienced very similar delays/wait times as carrier devices.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    09-04-2020 02:05 AM
    After the EMUI 10 fiasco I'm confident Huawei is behind most of the delays and not the carriers, since "Open Market" devices also experienced very similar delays/wait times as carrier devices.
    You bring up a very valid point.
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-05-2020 12:35 AM
    You bring up a very valid point.
    Was pretty revealing following along with EMUI 10 month after month after month... Let's just say in the end "awe" (respect, amazement, inspired) was no where to be found LOL. My bad its still ongoing so the end hasn't happened yet haaaahaha.
    09-05-2020 01:07 AM