I am seeing a lot of Apple-esque tech being put out by Huawei recently (trying to create a full Ecosystem I assume). Are they a bit of a knock off or actually a genuine contender to be a world tech leader?

Just curious after the problems with Huawei are ironing themselves out.
    09-11-2020 10:55 AM
    They've been working on that for a few years now.
    I would say if you live in the Chinese market, then their ecosystem might work out for you. In the rest of the world, it's just no competition to Android and Apple. Huawei is in serious trouble.
    09-11-2020 11:07 AM
    I am seeing a lot of Apple-esque tech being put out by Huawei recently (trying to create a full Ecosystem I assume). Are they a bit of a knock off or actually a genuine contender to be a world tech leader?

I'd say from personal experience they are a contender. I use a huawei mate book laptop and it's pretty cool how it's able to connect so easy with my phone. I've tried the wireless earbuds, they were as easy as airpods to set up. Just lacking the find function apple offer...
    09-11-2020 11:20 AM

I would say they've had to deal with a lot of problems at the same time and they never had the time and focus to develop it the way it was meant to be. However since "politics got involved", they've had to adapt and I see some good moves. THe way it is now, I don't think it's a fair compare, since there was no reason for them to develop all that stuff, since Google was providing it. I think with a bit of time, they definitely could compete.
    09-11-2020 11:56 AM
    They've been working on that for a few years now.
    I would say if you live in the Chinese market, then their ecosystem might work out for you. In the rest of the world, it's just no competition to Android and Apple. Huawei is in serious trouble.
    I would agree that CURRENTLY they can't compete, but they got the resources to make a good push and challenge them.
    09-11-2020 11:57 AM
    I would agree that CURRENTLY they can't compete, but they got the resources to make a good push and challenge them.
    I 100% agree, they definitely have the resources to make it a level playing field to compete.
    But for now they're not doing too bad
    09-12-2020 12:18 PM
    I 100% agree, they definitely have the resources to make it a level playing field to compete.
    But for now they're not doing too bad
    Yup, if you saw their developers last week, they got the goods and they're bringing it. If you think about they're kinda like the Google/apple of China, and nr 1 in the world for smartphones sales for last quarter. Even if you dislike them, you gotta admit they doing some interesting things.
    09-15-2020 05:30 AM
    I think from a hardware point of view they are absolutely solid, i got a pair of Freebuds 3 recently to go with my P40 Pro and that AI Life app that you use means they work into the ecosystem nicely, the only place Huawei are behind at the moment is the App Gallery side of things which is clearly a politically motivated attack from the US to disrupt their business. Considering how big they are worldwide in so many fields they definetly arent struggling and i reckon will be around for a long time yet and i suspect will come back even stronger next year than this year
    09-15-2020 11:07 AM
    I think from a hardware point of view they are absolutely solid, i got a pair of Freebuds 3 recently to go with my P40 Pro and that AI Life app that you use means they work into the ecosystem nicely, the only place Huawei are behind at the moment is the App Gallery side of things which is clearly a politically motivated attack from the US to disrupt their business. Considering how big they are worldwide in so many fields they definetly arent struggling and i reckon will be around for a long time yet and i suspect will come back even stronger next year than this year
    Yeah defos, they've been nailing the hardware for the past 5 years or so, camera/baterry/cpu etc are all spot on. Just need to develop their app gallery more like you said and thry'll be back on top.
    09-16-2020 10:53 AM

They make some fantastic devices, I am using the P40 Pro alongside my iPhone 11 Pro Max, and with apps like Findorra which contain a lot of the apps missing in App Gallery, I must say I am getting on better than I thought I would.
    10-02-2020 11:48 AM