I just got Huawei P8 Lite running Android 5.0.1, as my first Android device (before I was only using BlackBerry), and I set up my emails (Hotmail and Live), but I noticed that whenever I delete an email from my mobile it gets deleted from server too!! And I cannot find an option to choose not to delete from server (as in BlackBerry).
    I tried choosing setup manually when adding account and chose POP which has server deletion option, but adding account fails. please help.
    01-13-2016 06:21 AM
    You have your email accounts set as IMAP (on the email servers). Set them to POP3, delete them on your phone and set them up again and make sure "delete from server", or however your email program words it, is not checked.

IMAP is for using multiple devices on the same account - the emails are kept on the server and you can delete an email from any of the devices. POP3 is used to keep the emails on the device. Deleting an email only deletes it from that device. (It takes more storage on the device, though, to store all those emails.)
    01-13-2016 08:23 AM
    Hate to disagree with Rukbat but IMHO you should not switch to the outdated POP3 system and give up the benefits of IMAP such as sync of all your folders across all your devices and computers. If you do not have an option to delete email on the phone but leave it on the server (kinda odd) I would change to an email app that that does have the option rather than go to POP3. You might try K-9, Maildroid or my favorite, AquaMail. Since you have Hotmail and Live accounts you could also try Outlook for Android.
    01-13-2016 11:12 AM