Where is the music folder on my Huawei p8 lite?-f55ada7ee2554e119c19af62a6d7abf2.png

First time I got a smartphone, it is a Huawei p8 lite.

I downloaded HiSuite as recommended for file sharing between computer and phone.

Everything was there, pictures, videos, and so on. But no music folder as illustrated in the screen above. I remember last time I used my stationary somehow some folders just appeared and I could put the music in. But now it is just empty, can't find the folder anywhere on the PC.

It is difficult to hide my frustration with this. Something so basic, being such a great struggle for me.

Every bit of help is appreciated, and it is probably just some simple **** that I am not aware about as usual.
    12-09-2016 04:21 AM
    Either you don't have drivers installed on your PC or you didn't unlock the screen on the phone and set it up as a USB connection. It's not a problem with the device
    chanchan05 likes this.
    12-09-2016 08:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I merged duplicate threads and moved them to the P8 Lite forum (one was originally in the P8 forum).

You really shouldn't have to use HiSuite. When you connect the phone via USB, swipe down the notification panel and look for a USB notification. Tap it and make sure MTP (or File Transfer) is selected. Then open Windows Explorer on your computer, and look for the P8 Lite device in the list. Open it, and you should see all of the user-accessible folders (including your Music folder).

Be aware that if you're talking about music you downloaded from Google Play Music using the Play Music app, that won't show up. Those files are intended for offline use by the app only, and therefore aren't available to the user for manipulation.
    anon(632115) likes this.
    12-09-2016 05:10 PM
    I got a P8 lite 2017 too. Installed HiSuite to fully patched/up to date install of Win 10 and .... it doesn't do anything just tells me there's no phone connected when there is and its visible in Windows Explorer. User Win Explore to copy music over which worked fine. Cant see what HiSuite is supposed to be for, seems like half baked bloatware looking for a role in life...
    08-29-2017 07:02 AM