I got a 1,5 year old Huawei P8 Lite. It used to work great, but recently people can hardly hear me during calls. On speakerphone it is somewhat better, but still poor. It applies to both regular calls and voip calls. It started roughly around the time of the latest update, new version of android, so it could be that some setting got messed up. It could be a coincidence and/or a physical issue with the actual microphone.
    I read elsewhere people talking about noise cancelling setting, but I can't find this in my settings at all. Or maybe something like using a small pin to 'clear' the mike.
    Any ideas?
    07-31-2017 09:44 AM
    Not a pin, but a small pointed wooden toothpick. And there are 2 mic holes, one for the normal mic, one for the speakerphone mic. (If you keep the phone in your pocket, as far too many people do [if it's in a back pocket and you sit on it, you can break the screen, if it's in a front pocket and you bend over you can break the phone in half or at least bend it - either makes it junk], there's usually lint in pockets, and it can get into those little holes, making the sound get worse and worse, until the other party can't hear you at all.)
    07-31-2017 12:36 PM