I have recently purchased a Huawei P8 Lite and have since installed a 32Gb MicroSD card. I have set the SD card as the default memory location via the Settings/Memory & storage options. However, all data is still being saved to the internal memory, which has now been filled up. Is there a method of a) being able to transfer the data (photos, documents, Spotify music) from internal memory to the SD card? b) A set up method that ensures the SD Card will be used and not the internal memory? Any help much appreciated. Thank you.
    08-27-2017 08:24 AM
    The only way to "ensure the SD Card will be used and not the internal memory" is to be running Android 6 or higher (IOW 6 or 7) and install the SD card as adoptable memory. The problem with that is that the card may have parts of an app, or parts of a file on it, with the rest on the internal eMMC memory - since both eMMC and SD are used as one single larger block of storage.

Android downloads to internal storage. Some apps also save to internal storage, with no way to change it. Keeping the SD card as portable storage (which you probably did) means constantly moving some files from internal to external. And it also means looking in the settings of every app you use, to see if they can be set to use the SD card. (At least you only have to do that once - for each app.)

If the internal storage is really small (8GB), running an app like External 2 Internal SD will swap eMMC and SD, so "internal" storage, in your case, would be the 32GB SD card and "external" storage would be the 8GB eMMC storage. But you first have to root the phone - the app can't do its thing on an unrooted phone.
    08-27-2017 01:57 PM
    You have my sympathy, I got suckered into buying one of those, crap phone, not impressed with Android either.
    08-27-2017 02:39 PM