My phone (Huawei P8 Lite) shuts down every time I try to play music on my plugged in headphones... I already cleaned my headphone jack and also plugged in other headphones - nothing changed.... Pleaseeee help
    02-09-2019 12:28 PM
    What app are you using to play your music?

Try a different one and see if the same thing occurs.
    02-09-2019 06:23 PM
    What app are you using to play your music?

Try a different one and see if the same thing occurs.
    I did try it and it won't even let me play a video when my headphones are plugged in...
    02-10-2019 03:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the act of inserting the headphone plug cause the phone to shut down, or is it only when you start playing music? Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? How to turn on safe mode on Huawei P8lite. If it does happen in Safe Mode, I'd suspect some hardware problem with the headphone jack.
    02-10-2019 03:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the act of inserting the headphone plug cause the phone to shut down, or is it only when you start playing music? Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? How to turn on safe mode on Huawei P8lite. If it does happen in Safe Mode, I'd suspect some hardware problem with the headphone jack.
    It only happens when I try to play music on the headphones. Nothing happens when I plug them in and I put it in safe mode and still nothing changed. Is there something I can do to solve the hardware problem?
    02-10-2019 11:13 AM
    It's an odd issue. For something like this, you'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop. Just to be clear -- you're saying the phone completely powers off, right? Or is it just that the screen is going to sleep?
    02-10-2019 12:28 PM
    It's an odd issue. For something like this, you'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop. Just to be clear -- you're saying the phone completely powers off, right? Or is it just that the screen is going to sleep?
    Yes it powers off completely.
    02-10-2019 01:44 PM
    Yes it powers off completely.
    Does it have to do something with my internal storage?
    02-10-2019 01:46 PM
    I doubt it. I'm no electrical engineer, but perhaps something wrong with the headphone jack is causing a short as soon as it's engaged. I'd take it to a repair shop.
    02-10-2019 04:26 PM
    I doubt it. I'm no electrical engineer, but perhaps something wrong with the headphone jack is causing a short as soon as it's engaged. I'd take it to a repair shop.
    OK I'll take it to a repair shop. Thanks a lot for helping
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-11-2019 12:14 AM