I just purchased the Huawei P8 phone. I have really big problems with lock screen notifications. They are very unreliable, sometimes they appear right away, sometimes it takes a while, and most of the time I can't get any notifications if my phone screen is on sleep. Only way to get them is to wake up the phone from the power button.

Also, I tried to download 3rd party lockscreen apps, but all of them ofcourse need Notification access, this works at first. But once I push the power button (to put the phone to sleep) all the Notification access permits reset, so therefore the lockscreen application doesn't work. This also handicaps other apps such as PushBullet.

This is a very big inconvenience since I need my email and whatsapp notifications immediately.

All the help is appreciated!

Tuomas.
    06-09-2015 01:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is your system up to date? I saw this about a system update, but only in China apparently: Download Ascend P8 B131 EMUI 3.1 Firmware Update [UL00/TL00/CL00/CL10] | Carbon Tesla
    06-09-2015 04:31 PM
    Start Settings and select Energy saving, scroll down to Protected apps and find the app you have a problem getting notifications from and make it run even as the screen is off. You can also set all apps to run or not run as screen is off by the menu button at the bottom.
    Took me some time to understand that it was this that prevented a game I use to notify me when the other player had made a move!
    06-27-2015 12:39 AM