How do I disable screen lock on my P8?

ShielaMarie

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
to remove all your screen lock settings go to settings > screen lock & passwords > password > pattern : set the pattern, set the ekstra pin when requested. push the power button twice to active the screen lock, provide the wrong pattern 5 times, choose the ekstra pin and enter the right pin.
This disables all screen lock settings.
Worked for me

> wooah.. wow this worked for me..
Thank you!

Mariuslupshe

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
to remove all your screen lock settings go to settings > screen lock & passwords > password > pattern : set the pattern, set the ekstra pin when requested. push the power button twice to active the screen lock, provide the wrong pattern 5 times, choose the ekstra pin and enter the right pin.
Worked for me

Hello. Yes, this is the right method. It works for Huawei P9 Lite to. Thank you so musch.

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Since this page is in the top hits when googling for this issue, I'll add more infos.

My Huawei P8 Lite is currently running the stock ALE-L21C432B594. As shown above, I gave up trying to remove the Pattern lock some time ago because the None option was disabled and nothing worked to re-enable it.

But since it's a real pain when using the phone's GPS when cycling, I gave it another try today… and lo and behold, "None" is now available without my doing anything. Weird.

Anyway, there is no "Security" item in "Settings": It's located under "Advanced settings". It might be because I enabled Developer Mode. The section is actually called "Screen lock & passwords" and it's located at the root when opening Settings.

TargetMeeeeeme

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Since this page is in the top hits when googling for this issue, I'll add more infos.

My Huawei P8 Lite is currently running the stock ALE-L21C432B594. As shown above, I gave up trying to remove the Pattern lock some time ago because the None option was disabled and nothing worked to re-enable it.

But since it's a real pain when using the phone's GPS when cycling, I gave it another try today… and lo and behold, "None" is now available without my doing anything. Weird.

Anyway, there is no "Security" item in "Settings": It's located under "Advanced settings". It might be because I enabled Developer Mode. The section is actually called "Screen lock & passwords" and it's located at the root when opening Settings.

The problem I have is that the lockscreen itself still is what I see when pushing the power button...

Password protection is finally gone, but the damn screen still pops up from time to time.

So if I install, let's say CM locksreen, just to get a working lockscreen (music control, weather aso.) the huawei lockscreen still pops up BEFORE the CM lockscreen, 4 out of 10 times..
The huawei screen just swipes away, even if the CM screen is set to locked... still irritates me though..

And believe me, I have tried the usual tips... the solution as I see it is to get the option "screen lock" under "developer options" to be toggable.. As of now I cannot toggle that switch due to it beeing "grayed out" and "disabled by admin, encryption policy or cred storage"... but the grayed out toggle is set 'to the right' - wich would indicate that the lockscreen screen should be removable altogether... yes??? But HOW do I do that????

Help pls.:'(

I'm on a
P8 (gra-L09)
EMUI: 4.0.1
Build: C432B393 (latest in my region)
Android: 6.0

atapagra joshua

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Worked for me

Worked like magic for me
Thanks for letting us know. :)

dp5l6dph5l24

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
adb shell
su
settings put secure lockscreen.disabled 1
rm /data/system/locksettings.db
rm /data/system/locksettings.db-shm
rm /data/system/locksettings.db-wal
reboot

Bokoli

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
Worked for me

It'c woooooorkiiiiiing. Tnx 1000x:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63