How do I disable screen lock on my P8?

A

AC Question

how do i disable screen lock on my p8

When you have the pattern lock on how do you disable that ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i disable screen lock on my p8

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Screen Lock, enter your current pattern lock, then choose None or Slide. If you're unable to choose those, then go to Settings>Security and tap Clear Credentials.

If you encrypted your phone, you must have some kind of screen lock.

christian Otte

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
to remove all your screen lock settings go to settings > screen lock & passwords > password > pattern : set the pattern, set the ekstra pin when requested. push the power button twice to active the screen lock, provide the wrong pattern 5 times, choose the ekstra pin and enter the right pin.
This disables all screen lock settings.
Worked for me

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Clearing all credentials doesn't solve the issue, although the "5 times" tip does work, but that is not a practical solution when the user wants to enable/disable screenlock fast.

Is there really no better way? Why does Huawei/Android disable the None option?

Huawei.Android.6.no.password.disabled.jpg
Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Security>Device Administrators​. Is anything there checked on besides Android Device Manager?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By work accounts, I mean email accounts associated with your workplace. Oftentimes, these accounts require increased security on the phone.

What happens if you switch from one form of lock to another, then go back to that menu? Does the None option become available again?

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There are a few items in Settings > Accounts, but none are work-specific. Is there something there I should look for that might explain the problem?

When switching from the Pattern screen-lock to PIN, the None option is still disabled.

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes. There's only one Gmail account in the stock Email app. I don't actually use the stock Email or the Gmail app: When I need to check my emails, I connect to my ISP's web-based email server.

AFAICT, the issue occured shortly after I enabled then disabled PIN protection.

littlebigman

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest stock firmware (ALE-L21C432B584).

My mistake: I forgot that, for some reason, Android works differently when the phone is plugged into a USB port or not.

After uplugging the USB cable, I have this menu:
  • Reboot system now
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Wipe cache partition.

After choosing the last option and rebooting, I went back to Settings > Screen lock and passwords > General > Password… and "None" is still disabled.

Next, I went into Settings > Advanced settings > Security, and hit "Clear credentials", before going back to the Screen lock and passwords section: "None" is still disabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21