P8 and stock email app not "pushing"

podrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

Bought this phone the otherday and so far its great except for one issue. I am loving the stock email app as it looks great and is very fast compared to say Bluemail.

Problem is my emails dont come in (one exchange one a home imap and one hotmail) unless I open the app and refresh the sync. I am sure this is because the app is being closed when the screen is off so first thing to do would be to set it to "protected" in protected apps right? except the stock email app is not listed in here.

There is nothing else I can find that might help with this. The exchange account seems to work ok when im on the work Wifi and this one has an option to always sync over wifi where as the others dont.

I have them set to sync "never" which im guessing is push as there is no other option for that.

Has anyone else run into this? im struggling to find much online regarding it although there is lots of mention of other apps not notifying....

zar marco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys

Bought this phone the otherday and so far its great except for one issue. I am loving the stock email app as it looks great and is very fast compared to say Bluemail.

Problem is my emails dont come in (one exchange one a home imap and one hotmail) unless I open the app and refresh the sync. I am sure this is because the app is being closed when the screen is off so first thing to do would be to set it to "protected" in protected apps right? except the stock email app is not listed in here.

There is nothing else I can find that might help with this. The exchange account seems to work ok when im on the work Wifi and this one has an option to always sync over wifi where as the others dont.

I have them set to sync "never" which im guessing is push as there is no other option for that.

Has anyone else run into this? im struggling to find much online regarding it although there is lots of mention of other apps not notifying....
Hi, I do you an very "stupid" question, have you put setting email for 3g/4g connection?

podrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yea everything is set correctly. I have mobile data always on and this allowed for email. If I install bluemail it works ok

Stock app only syncs exchange when on wifi or others when I open the app and refresh them manually

So annoying. Im on 5.0

Posted via the Android Central App

podrae

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok an update on this.

I have discovered that exchange accounts can be set to sync automatically(push) but IMAP accounts dont have this option. They do in third party clients just not the emiui 3.1 one it would seem which sucks.