Don't know how this has stopped working.

If you keep the square icon on the notification bar pressed it should switch automatically to the previous app you were using. this is good for multi-tasking and you can quickly switch.

Problem - if I keep it pressed, nothing happens. If I press it briefly I get the normal recent app list as normal.

Very annoying and I cannot figure out what I have changed to stop this amazing feature.

Please help.
    08-08-2016 04:33 AM
    Which phone do you have? Did you have an update recently that could have caused the functionality to change?

You can try the basics:

• Rebooting the phone

• Clearing phone cache (reboot phone in recovery, wipe cache partion)

There are also some apps that provide the same functionality, this being the most popular one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcher&hl=en_GB
    08-08-2016 05:49 AM
    thanks for the response. I have a Huwai P8 and have done an update last week to V6 - EMUI 4.0.1 which did cause some issues with the "Draw over other apps" feature which a lot of people suffered with. I ended up doing clearing the phone and starting from scratch again which was frustrating.

The app switch feature was fine though after the update and worked. I was playing with various settings to tweak the phone, as you do, and then all of a sudden I realised it doesn't work anymore.

I cleared the cache but its still not working.
    08-08-2016 06:54 AM
    That's unfortunate. If it stopped working after the EMUI update, that would most likely be the cause of the problem. I couldn't find any documentation to confirm it though.

The only other thing I can think of in terms of settings are launchers. Try changing it to see if the behavior of the recent apps button changes.

Settings -> Apps -> Advanced Settings -> Default App Settings -> Launcher.
    08-08-2016 08:44 AM