Possibly a stupid question. Installing stock Android

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I've posted before about the complete lack of support from Huawei before. Basically you hand them a load of money they supply hardware that's out of date out of the box, doesn't update and when you ask for support the answer is you have a phone, we have your money now f*** off.

Is it possible to completely wipe a P8 lite 2017 and install a completely stock version of Android?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've posted before about the complete lack of support from Huawei before. Basically you hand them a load of money they supply hardware that's out of date out of the box, doesn't update and when you ask for support the answer is you have a phone, we have your money now f*** off.

Is it possible to completely wipe a P8 lite 2017 and install a completely stock version of Android?
Completely stock, no, but there are some after market options that are closer to aosp.

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
It's possible to get close to stock, such as with Lineage OS. Check this link out as a place to start: https://www.xda-developers.com/huaw...osp-based-rom-with-unofficial-lineageos-13-0/

Aquila

Many thanks for the post but I think this is for me. TBH think I've already made my mind up about the P8lite 2017 and we're not destined for a long and happy life together. Every time I pick it up I realise what a pile of crap it is. Its a mad world, my needs from a mobile phone are in reality modest I don't play games, don't have massive music collections, don't spend hours watching video, don't mind the low res screen at all yet will finish up with either a Google Pixel 2 or iPhone to get something that gets support and updated. Mad absolutely mad...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Aquila

Many thanks for the post but I think this is for me. TBH think I've already made my mind up about the P8lite 2017 and we're not destined for a long and happy life together. Every time I pick it up I realise what a pile of crap it is. Its a mad world, my needs from a mobile phone are in reality modest I don't play games, don't have massive music collections, don't spend hours watching video, don't mind the low res screen at all yet will finish up with either a Google Pixel 2 or iPhone to get something that gets support and updated. Mad absolutely mad...

I agree there's not much I like about the P8Lite and I also think the Pixel 2 is an awesome device. In that similar sort of device size, shape and specs you can also find the Essential PH-1, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 5, Razer Phone, etc. Best of luck!

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Aquila

Didnt know they released a P8 Lite 2017 model. I'm sorry to hear your issues. If your mind is already set for a different phone. Then by all means go ahead and sell the P8 Lite

David404

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
Well still stuck with the P8 which, if anything i find an even more loathsome device but funds don't allow replacement. Obviously still no updates whatsoever...

As for alternatives ... OnePlus5T - that's a NO. Its Chinese and doesn't run stock Android so I'd be in the same boat as now, at the mercy of OnePlus to issue updates. Plus I'm not wild about Chinese phone manufacturers...

PH1 - interesting but doesn't seem to be available in the Uk and looks like it only runs A7. Like the complete lack of logos though I don't like manufacturers littering MY devices with their name.

Seems Google are really only game Android town. Need to save up a bit...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel