huawei p9 camera not working

Phil Young

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi..so it breaks down like this...

I was using my phone normally to record monster jam in Cardiff and taken photos and videos..I took many successfully tonight.

Problem..
Went to take last few photos and camera app (standard with phone) was just showing me a black screen.. and is unresponsive to my button press from shutter.. or to any other button press such as advanced mode.. nothing works..in short..I can load app but not do anything with it regards viewing or taking photo/ videos.

Prior to this black screen tonight..I did notice a general slowdown in time taken for camera to show me what I was pointing at...

Steps taken so far...

I have taken phone SD card out ( which is Hi speed... I can provide specs..up to now have experienced no issues with card performance and i have already taken plenty of photos and videos and have plenty of capacity left on card)

I have tested camera without SD card in and found no change.

I have rebooted using restart now and power off options and no change..

I have forced stopped camera app and also cleared cache via settings.

I have performed reboot and cleared system cache using home plus power on/off and home button then volume down to select clean system cache and no change.

I haven't dropped phone or got it wet..

Please help... i am too early in my contract for this and really need to get camera working for Goodwood next weekend...

Can't believe it's hardware..I would surely receive " error loading camera" or some such thing..also..fact that camera was taking longer and longer to focus suggests software..but I don't know what else to try. .

thanks a lot.
Phil.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci