How can i transfer my apps to SD card Huawei p9 lite

A

AC Question

Hello,
I've recently bought a P9 Lite which, I think, software side it should be the same as a P9, so Android 6.0 with EMUI 4.1. Since the storage isnt' that much (16 GB), I've bought a 32 GB Micro SD card but I'm having a hard time understand how the system handles it.
By default, I've noticed that, when I inserted it, the phone has automatically started to save some things on it, like pictures and videos taken with the camera. However, some other things, like apps or offline maps by Google, are still saved on the main memory.
In the phone settings I've found an option to switch, as main memory, from the internal one to the SD Card, but Huawei doesn't clear explain what this option really do. I only get a warning to pay attention to my data since the internal memory is encrypted, while the SD no.
Is there someone that can help me to understand the real meaning of this option?

Thanks!
Best

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a fan of putting apps onto sd cards myself, you only get some of the app on the card, the guts of it stays on the device anyway. And with your encrypted phone vs unencrypted card you are setting yourself up for grief I reckon. Put your media on the card and leave the apps in device is what I'd do. No doubt you'll get more feedback here from other more knowledgeable peeps than myself tho....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can i move apps to sd card huawei p9 lite android 6.0 emui 4.1

Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that the option you mention will change the default data storage and download location to the SD card instead of internal storage--but this is only for data files, and not for app installation. The ability to move an app to SD depends on the phone (as well as the app itself), so if you go to Settings>Apps, select apps, and don't see a Move to SD button, then it's not possible (either on the phone, or for that app). Moreover, moving an app to SD only moves a portion of the app (and often a relatively small portion), so your internal storage savings my not be that much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance