My first 2 days with my P9... A Brief review

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So I unboxed my P9 nearly 2 days ago now.. and.. I like it.. alot, so heres just a short trivew so far:

Who needs a 2k screen on phone, seriously and when using the P9... I really cant tell Im using a 1080p screen.. its so crisp and clear and really bright.. great colour depth and rich reds and blues.... I cant comment on battery yet.. but ill add it at a later date..

As Ive only unboxed my P9, the shots ive taken have all been on AUTO, SOO.. the camera is not as DSLR amazing as Huawei claim it is.. but its very good, nice and crisp if a little lifeless and flat on a dull day (Like today).. its on a par with the S6 edge, amd the G4.. but not quite the G5... however, that said.. it has so many settings to tinker and experiment with, its possible to make alot of changes... It doesnt have OIS.. but I dont think it needs it, the EIS or DIS.. does a fantastic job... out of 21 photos.. I only lost 3 to camera shake, and even then.. it was my own fault

Sadly, the P9 only has a 1.25 micro pixel size, compared to the S7E, 6P and G5.. which have a 1.55 micron, which means the P9 cam detail does suffer a little when being heavily cropped in that being said,, I really like the camera as it can deliver some truely stunning shots.. but sometimes a softer image is what looks the best.. not every photo has to be super crispy.. especially in macro or candid photography... So, well done, Huawei.. you made a good one.. keep it up.. Unfortunately, YouTube has everyone going hysterical and slamming Devs if you cant read a car number plate Cropped In 1000x from half a mile away with your latest camera on your phone..

Loud voices in phone calls, Build quality is beautiful.. much nicer and sexier than a Samsung... The single speaker is surprisingly good and quite full sounding..nice and loud for RingTones... its on a par with the G5.. Headphone Audio is eally great using Sennheiser 422s and LG Quadbeat 3s, loud and punchy.. plenty of depth and instrument separation, but can struggle in choral works.. playing Def Leppard, Bee Gees, Mark Knopfler, Vangelis and Franz Lizst "Missa Choralis", and with it having an SDCard.. you can rip in flac...

TBH... Theres not alot wrong with this phone at all.. so far... yes there was too much hype made about the "Amazing" camera.. which is truely great, but wont replace my Canon DSLR quite yet.. but the fantastic audio side, stunning 1080p screen, awesome build quality and, IMO, interesting EMUI 411 make it a pleasure to use.

Last edited:

cjmalagon

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
hi, i want to ask you few questions about the p9, because i want to buy a new phone and i read some bad comments about the max vol on headphones, its true? i mostly play rock- electronic music and what can you say about the signal strenght from the wifi and 4g antenna?.

Thx, and excuse me for my bad english hehehe.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
hi, i want to ask you few questions about the p9, because i want to buy a new phone and i read some bad comments about the max vol on headphones, its true? i mostly play rock- electronic music and what can you say about the signal strenght from the wifi and 4g antenna?.

Thx, and excuse me for my bad english hehehe.

I'm in UK with a UK L09 running B182 stock firmware and not Rooted and I find the Wifi great. I have a TPLink 750 router and live in a fairly large house and still get a great signal.. no dropouts or disconnects...

Your 4G signal depends on your carrier... I'm with O2 UK and I can get the new 4G+ no problem with all 4 or 3 signal bars, So IMO... the Antennas are really good on my P9 and I'm very happy with it.. In fact apart from my Lumia 950 XL, the P9 is one of the best phones Ive owned for signal strength

Music Volume is loud.. You don't need max volume on the P9, but I don't get any signal breakup or distortion when I play Loud.. about 85 - 90%.. I use Sennheiser HD432s for serious listening and LG Quadbeat 3 buds for outdoors and both are really great IMO. no issues..

Ide buy the P9... I love mine.. camera is amazing (beats S7E IMO), I'm happy I changed my 6P

gfplux

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I find the sound great on my P 9 lite 4 weeks old.
I listen to a lot of audio on podcasts and at the moment the experience is as good if not better than the iPhones and Samsung note2 I have had in the past.
I do have an issue when connecting to my speakers in the car with a jack plug. Not with loudness but with the connector. This may be isolated to my phone, I am in the process of finding out.

jpmacedosilva

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I hear a lot of music on my smartphones and I like them to have a loud and bass-rich sound.
How does the P9 behave in terms of sound quality with headphones? Does it have an equalizer?

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I hear a lot of music on my smartphones and I like them to have a loud and bass-rich sound.
How does the P9 behave in terms of sound quality with headphones? Does it have an equalizer?

Sorry for the 5 week late reply.. Yes,, it has an EQ., its got a nice punchy sound and audio.. but that can depend on your headphones, I would highly recommend buying the P9.. you wont be dissapointed :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL