Android Pay not working on P9

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay so ive moved Note7 to P9. I am in UK.

Set up all my apps inc registering a bank card on Android Pay.

Tried on 2 separate contactless readers in the same store.

Nothing.

Where precisely on the P9 is the NFC chip please?

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you been able to use it successfully anywhere else? In the US, I still find some checkout readers that claim to support Apple Pay/Android Pay, but don't work -- which is sometimes due to the store not actually activating it properly.

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you been able to use it successfully anywhere else? In the US, I still find some checkout readers that claim to support Apple Pay/Android Pay, but don't work -- which is sometimes due to the store not actually activating it properly.

Ive tried Android pay twice today, both times failures.

Calling my bank now.

Android Pay is a dealbreaker for me :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you mentioned that Yorcard Checker works fine, do you mean that it was able to detect your smartcard via NFC?

When you try to pay with Android Pay, does it just not detect anything, or does the phone vibrate at all?

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
When you mentioned that Yorcard Checker works fine, do you mean that it was able to detect your smartcard via NFC?

When you try to pay with Android Pay, does it just not detect anything, or does the phone vibrate at all?

Thanks for the follow up.

NFC works (verified by Yorcard checker, beaming, etc).

Android pay tried at a variety of retailers with different machines all of which have failed.

In Costa just now 'unsupported card' appeared on the screens.

Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's a problem with your cards not being supported by Android Pay, the phone's Android Pay interface not responding correctly, or the stores' readers not accepting Android Pay. The first possibility seems unlikely, because Android Pay should tell you if a card isn't compatible, and not let you keep it in your wallet. I wish I could help you narrow the problem down more.

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it's a problem with your cards not being supported by Android Pay, the phone's Android Pay interface not responding correctly, or the stores' readers not accepting Android Pay. The first possibility seems unlikely, because Android Pay should tell you if a card isn't compatible, and not let you keep it in your wallet. I wish I could help you narrow the problem down more.

Still no joy.

Seriously considering jacking the P9 and just getting an S7E.

To recap my android pay worked fine on previous note 7 and note 3 devices with the same bank card.

My Bank have cancelled the previous android pay virtual card number and i now have a new one.

Even with this new number it still brings up the 'security check required, insert card into chip n pin slot' message.

Really unsure who to hold accountable and how.

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Still no joy.

Seriously considering jacking the P9 and just getting an S7E.

To recap my android pay worked fine on previous note 7 and note 3 devices with the same bank card.

My Bank have cancelled the previous android pay virtual card number and i now have a new one.

Even with this new number it still brings up the 'security check required, insert card into chip n pin slot' message.

Really unsure who to hold accountable and how.

Any thoughts anyone, please?

Does anyone in UK have it working on a P9?

spand007

Feb 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi

I've got the P9 Lite and use Android Pay on it daily in London. Or I would do if it worked all the time. It probably works three out of every four attempts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae