Okay so ive moved Note7 to P9. I am in UK.

Set up all my apps inc registering a bank card on Android Pay.

Tried on 2 separate contactless readers in the same store.

Nothing.

Where precisely on the P9 is the NFC chip please?
    11-03-2016 09:46 AM
    Have you been able to test out NFC on anything else? From what I've been reading, certain Huawei models intended for the China market don't have NFC: NO NFC on Chinese Version AL10 P9 Plus | Huawei P9 Plus

Try installing something like NFC Check to make sure the phone has NFC functionality.
    11-03-2016 10:26 AM
    Have you been able to test out NFC on anything else? From what I've been reading, certain Huawei models intended for the China market don't have NFC: NO NFC on Chinese Version AL10 P9 Plus | Huawei P9 Plus

Try installing something like NFC Check to make sure the phone has NFC functionality.
    Just downloaded yorcard checker and that works fine.

I observe that the NFC reader appears to be up the top by the Leica camera.
    11-03-2016 02:05 PM
    Have you been able to use it successfully anywhere else? In the US, I still find some checkout readers that claim to support Apple Pay/Android Pay, but don't work -- which is sometimes due to the store not actually activating it properly.
    11-03-2016 03:22 PM
    Have you been able to use it successfully anywhere else? In the US, I still find some checkout readers that claim to support Apple Pay/Android Pay, but don't work -- which is sometimes due to the store not actually activating it properly.
    Ive tried Android pay twice today, both times failures.

Calling my bank now.

Android Pay is a dealbreaker for me
    11-04-2016 02:28 PM
    When you mentioned that Yorcard Checker works fine, do you mean that it was able to detect your smartcard via NFC?

When you try to pay with Android Pay, does it just not detect anything, or does the phone vibrate at all?
    11-04-2016 04:58 PM
    When you mentioned that Yorcard Checker works fine, do you mean that it was able to detect your smartcard via NFC?

When you try to pay with Android Pay, does it just not detect anything, or does the phone vibrate at all?
    Thanks for the follow up.

NFC works (verified by Yorcard checker, beaming, etc).

Android pay tried at a variety of retailers with different machines all of which have failed.

In Costa just now 'unsupported card' appeared on the screens.

Any thoughts?
    11-06-2016 10:01 AM
    I wonder if it's a problem with your cards not being supported by Android Pay, the phone's Android Pay interface not responding correctly, or the stores' readers not accepting Android Pay. The first possibility seems unlikely, because Android Pay should tell you if a card isn't compatible, and not let you keep it in your wallet. I wish I could help you narrow the problem down more.
    11-06-2016 10:36 AM
    I wonder if it's a problem with your cards not being supported by Android Pay, the phone's Android Pay interface not responding correctly, or the stores' readers not accepting Android Pay. The first possibility seems unlikely, because Android Pay should tell you if a card isn't compatible, and not let you keep it in your wallet. I wish I could help you narrow the problem down more.
    Still no joy.

Seriously considering jacking the P9 and just getting an S7E.

To recap my android pay worked fine on previous note 7 and note 3 devices with the same bank card.

My Bank have cancelled the previous android pay virtual card number and i now have a new one.

Even with this new number it still brings up the 'security check required, insert card into chip n pin slot' message.

Really unsure who to hold accountable and how.
    11-27-2016 04:30 AM
    Still no joy.

Seriously considering jacking the P9 and just getting an S7E.

To recap my android pay worked fine on previous note 7 and note 3 devices with the same bank card.

My Bank have cancelled the previous android pay virtual card number and i now have a new one.

Even with this new number it still brings up the 'security check required, insert card into chip n pin slot' message.

Really unsure who to hold accountable and how.
    Any thoughts anyone, please?

Does anyone in UK have it working on a P9?
    12-02-2016 04:48 AM
    Hi

I've got the P9 Lite and use Android Pay on it daily in London. Or I would do if it worked all the time. It probably works three out of every four attempts.
    02-16-2017 01:43 PM