Huawei P9 - Can't add Google account - Can't open Play Store

BentoEspinosa

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I live in Europe and have a new Huawei P9. I can't add a Google account and sign in to it. All Google apps, like Drive and Play Store, flash and quit or stay open but don't let me add an account and sign in. Gmail, Youtube, etc., I can't sign in. So, I can't install new apps, because I can't use Play Store. It flashes and quits. Everything else works, I can browse the internet with Chrome.

I found out, many people have/had this problem. I tried everything, even resetting the phone.

Any help please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did the phone come with Google Play Store preinstalled, or did you have to install it yourself? If the latter, then the phone might have been intended for a market where Google Play isn't available.

BentoEspinosa

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I didn't buy my device from Play Store, so when I go to the page you sent me, in Chrome, logged in with my Google account, no device is listed and there is no option to add my device.

When I search for an app, like Skype, and want to download it, the page tries to open the Play Store app, which then quits immediately (the problem described above).

If I could safely download the apps I need, like Skype, I wouldn't bother much, but unfortunately all app downloads go through Play Store, which keeps quitting.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't buy my device from Play Store, so when I go to the page you sent me, in Chrome, logged in with my Google account, no device is listed and there is no option to add my device.

No, I'm realizing now the problem with my suggestion -- if you were unable to log into your Google account with your phone, then Google won't have your device listed in your account, and therefore it won't show up when you try to install Google Play Services.:-\

What country are you in? Google Play still isn't available in all countries, but I'd be surprised if that were the case in any European country.

BentoEspinosa

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I have read about this problem. Many people have/had it. All Google apps on my P9 quit, so I can't login to Google. I can login to Gmail in Chrome though, but this doesn't solve the problem with the Google apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You didn't recently change your Google account password, right? If you did, you have to wait 72 hours before you can log into a new phone.

BentoEspinosa

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
No. The thing is, this device knows nothing about my Google account, since I couldn't register any, then the Google apps quit before I can setup my account. Therefore, I can't even add an Google account to this phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let's backtrack a bit. When you try to add a Google account, what exactly happens? So if you go to Settings>Accounts and then tap Add Account, what happens when you go through the process of adding your Google account?

BentoEspinosa

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
When I do what you said, the Google app opens, but quits immediately. I can't add any account, since it quits. Then I see again the white Settings page "Add Account", which was behind.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I set up a phone first time,

I have to give email address,

When I go to Google Play Store mist Google apps have an update pending and until Google Services is updated some things don't work

This phone was never ever used before? Sounds strange, odd.

Perhaps return, I'd try factory reset first

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy