Huawei p9 lite - moving apps to ad card

cohlas

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
So I've been promoted to download an os update. I have no internal room as there is 9gb (!) App data on the internal when default is set to install to sd card. Had a Google but doesn't seem straight forward as apps aren't allowing to be moved?

Thanks

cohlas

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Most app data can't be moved to sd card unfortunately.
Surely there is a workaround? What is the point in using an SD card ? Main reason I ditched apple was for this reason.

9gbs of app data and I don't have a LARGE number of apps. Large sd card barely used, with just music files.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Surely there is a workaround? What is the point in using an SD card ? Main reason I ditched apple was for this reason.

9gbs of app data and I don't have a LARGE number of apps. Large sd card barely used, with just music files.
You can setup the sd card as adoptable storage if your phone supports it.
Unfortunately Huawei does not.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
You can store pictures and videos. Will transferring all your device stored pictures and videos to the sd card makes enough room to update your phone?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I deleted a few last week. And realized I need stop downloading random apps that sounds interesting but never used after.

Last edited:

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a couple games installed which I haven't even played yet. I feel like I will play them later so I'm keeping them installed lol

cohlas

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
So after thinking this has gone away - following a holiday (in which my gfs phone battery broke due to a Qatar airways USB charger) she created albums on my phone for Facebook uploads (use internal memory) - I've moved back to camera / SD card but am having constant "full" notifications to the point where my Gmail won't send email !!

Please look at the screenshot I have removed pics from.thr phone, deleted half the apps, removed WhatsApp text and Facebook messages...

1) the below numbers don't add up
2) if all else fails will need to revert back to old firmware ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180123-203431.jpg
    Screenshot_20180123-203431.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae