Huawei P9 Lite not connecting to PC since clean install

paddyspup

May 24, 2018
Visit site
Hi I have a P9 Lite which I used to connect and back up to my PC. This worked easily. Having had a black screen problem on Windows 10 I did a clean install and reinstalled all my software. However now when I try to connect to the PC with Hisuite I get constantly a box stating allow Hisuite with HDB and it just will not go away. Everything is set as it says it should be but still no go.
If I try to connect with my wifes desktop also running Windows 10 everything goes smoothly. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

paddyspup

May 24, 2018
Visit site
The Huawei HiSuite is supposed to contain the drivers to enable the connection to the software. When I originally got the phone I put no other drivers in and the phone connected as it should and also my wifes PC so I am at a loss.

Barry K

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
Until today I had no problem connecting my Mate 9 to my desktop and laptop PCs and being able to read the files on Mate 9 from my PC... The today "suddenly" it no longer was possible! I took the Mate 9 from one device to another around my house and couldn't read it on any of them.... UNTIL i realized that the one thing I did differently today than on any previous day was that today I used a generic USB cable instead of the cable that came from Huawei. THAT was the problem. Apparently there is special wiring in the Huawei cable that not only supports the Huawei Supercharging capability (when you use their charging brick) but also the wiring allows your PC to recognize the type of device and USB Device ID of your Mate 9. I had Huawei's HiSuite on both of my PCs and it didnt matter... THE CABLE was the problem!

If you dont have your original Huawei cable, they are available on Amazon. Here is the link to the item I bought from amazon to replace the original that began to fray. And NO I am not trying to sell anything. Just trying to help my fellow frustrated Huawei owners

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075TC5BZL?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6575958

Amazon product/item ID B075TC5BZL

Barry K

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
Also... I recommend that anyone seeking Huawei drivers download the HiSuite software directly from Huawei and do NOT download drivers or software from links posted in forum replies. You must always presume that unofficial downloads are potential threats and seek downloads from official websites first. Huawei doesnt provide standalone USB drivers. So you need the HiSuite software. Download drivers and apps only from unofficial sites as an absolute last resort and I wouldnt install such software on PCs where you also have sensitive info like bank, tax, or other financial or personal sensitive info.

I deal with stuff like this professionally. I know of what I speak.

PS... approved resellers and vendors of a manufacture's products (who sometimes also offer software downloads) would be considered an OFFICIAL site in my opinion, and not related to my warning above.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@Barry K, welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your input! Did you happen to test that bad USB cable with any other devices? Some USB cables are designed only for charging and not for data transfer, and other cables might have faulty data transfer wires inside, so maybe that's the case with yours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37