Should I Get One?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Been thinking about getting a fitness tracker, but figured that I might as well just take the dive into a full smartwatch since I'll be wearing it 24/7 anyway.

That said, I've been eyeing the Watch 2 Classic, as it seems to have the full package, not a dedicated fitness watch but can definitely be used as such.

Main complaints I see about it is some lag (which seems to be connected to Assistant voice initialization, which I can live without) and smaller face (doubt that'll be an issue for me).

I have a V30, but LGs watches haven't caught my attention. LTE capability is meh to me, and not a fan of the Sport's built in band. Though, they'd be my second choice if the Watch 2 Classic is deemed not worthy.

All that said, should I get one? I know this may be the wrong forum to ask this question, but just curious why you like the Watch 2 (Classic, if applicable), what you use it for, what made you choose it over others, and would you buy it again?

I'm hesitant, because I don't currently wear a watch on any type of regular basis (just when I'm dressing up or attending an event) and I've heard that while AW is improving with each update, it's far from tech that NEEDS to be owned.

Thanks.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just got the HW2 classic about a week ago and so far it's been great. I love the look of the Titanium with the black band. The only feature that I feel it lacks for me is sleep tracking on device. There are some apps that say they can do it if on phone and device, but I have yet to try them. And the battery has been getting me though most of 2 days on a charge. I usually through it on the charger when I go to shower and get ready for work and it tops me off right around 100% and at bedtime it's still holding onto 70%.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I bought it...and returned it within a day. Had an issue with it, but after using it, realized it wasn't worth $300 to me.

Fast forward to last night, where the Amazon price dropped $25. So I purchased it...again. It was cheap enough for me to give it another shot.

And this morning, I cancelled the order. I figure with a rumor of the HW 3 being announced at MWC in two weeks, there's a chance that the price dips even more before then. And, if the W3 is more appealing, I'll save myself the trouble with the W2.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, I bought it...again. Pulled the trigger last Thursday, as I figured that if they announce Watch 3 at MWC, I'll still be in the return window. At that point, I'll know whether this is a keeper.

Also saw the price drop on Amazon by $20 yesterday, and got them to credit my account with the difference. At sub-$250, this may be a major go.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i purchased the Huawei watch 2 sport yesterday I also have the gear S3 wanted to try Android Wear 2.0 so far I am really enjoying it but it's only been a day.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i purchased the Huawei watch 2 sport yesterday I also have the gear S3 wanted to try Android Wear 2.0 so far I am really enjoying it but it's only been a day.
I'm three days in, and I'm enjoying the watch. Getting about 36 hours or so per charge, which is acceptable.

Plan to get the Sleep As Android app to start tracking sleep, but it appears the last update was buggy and not welcomed. I'm going to wait until they iron it out.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm three days in, and I'm enjoying the watch. Getting about 36 hours or so per charge, which is acceptable.

Plan to get the Sleep As Android app to start tracking sleep, but it appears the last update was buggy and not welcomed. I'm going to wait until they iron it out.

Disregard. Got Oreo yesterday, so now sleep tracking is built in. Though, if the Huawei Watch disappoints, I will reevaluate.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
wow 36 hours I am lucky to get 12 but I do leave everything on except wifi
I keep everything on. Actually seems like battery got a boost with Oreo. Been wearing the watch since. 9am, even tracked a run this afternoon, and sitting at 61% right now (7:30p).

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
No Oreo yet for me, but I do still get consistently 36+ hrs out of mine with everything on. I'm excited to see how the sleep tracking does with the update.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm very interested in this watch. I might pick one up tomorrow if they are still on sale. I want a fitness tracker and have notifications on my wrist when I'm at work.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Got Oreo late last night. Sleep tracker seemed pretty good! Battery seems the same today and overnight. If any different than previous, I'll post here.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got Oreo late last night. Sleep tracker seemed pretty good! Battery seems the same today and overnight. If any different than previous, I'll post here.
My battery crashed last night. Went from 45% at 11pm to 18% at 8:30am. Sleep tracking usually isn't that bad. I did download Google Maps last night, so I'll blame it on that.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery crashed last night. Went from 45% at 11pm to 18% at 8:30am. Sleep tracking usually isn't that bad. I did download Google Maps last night, so I'll blame it on that.
Wow. Definitely did not have that experience. I did do a restart after I did the update, but that's all. Did you check the battery setting to see what ate up your battery overnight?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Definitely did not have that experience. I did do a restart after I did the update, but that's all. Did you check the battery setting to see what ate up your battery overnight?
No. Sleep tracking was fine for the previous two nights, so I assume it was Maps. I did restart and charge today, and battery drain has been normal. So should be good.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well it jumped up in price this week. So I'll have to wait for another sale. I was all set to buy one today. Should have in store purchased it online last night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX