Huawei Watch 2 lte battery drain

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi guys.
I bought my Huawei watch 2 lte from Amazon UK.
I am happy for that except a serious problem with battery.
I have not enough battery for all the day despite the good optimization I have done.
I have GPS, nfc, 4g, always on screen, closed.
Brightness at 2, wifi and Bluetooth on for half a day.
But by 9pm I have only 10% battery left.
Is it normal, or is a battery problem?
Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with any watchface? I've found that certain watchfaces (typically 3rd party) drain battery more quickly.

Achilleas_fil

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with any watchface? I've found that certain watchfaces (typically 3rd party) drain battery more quickly.
Thanks for the response.
Yes, it happens with all watch faces.
I did a factory reset and I don't have any apps anymore except of its own apps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak from direct experience with the HW2, but my 1st gen Huawei Watch can usually last 2 full days on one charge, so it's probably abnormal. It wouldn't be a bad idea to request a replacement from Amazon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One of the Mods has a HW2, so let me ask him. Not sure if he uses it regularly, though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak from direct experience with the HW2, but my 1st gen Huawei Watch can usually last 2 full days on one charge, so it's probably abnormal. It wouldn't be a bad idea to request a replacement from Amazon.

Two full days is about right. I pulled my watch 2 off the charger 36 hours ago and have around 30% remaining. This is with nfc, aod, wifi off

With aod on, it can get close to a day. I also have the non lte model for reference.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear that helps -- but that still sounds abnormal. I keep wi-fi on all the time on my Huawei Watch 1, and I still get good battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463