Huawei Watch 2 Sport

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am picking up a Huawei Watch 2 Sport today and I hope I am not disappointed in it.

I am coming from an LG Watch Urbane which has served me VERY well for the last few years. It did receive the AW update but it has been so sluggish (Google Assistant takes 12-30 seconds to even fire up).

I want to stay with Android Wear since I honestly like it but the options are still limited. The LG Watch Sport is more what I want but for one, it's supply seems to be very limited (Google Store has been out for months) and battery life stories have been pretty bad.

I'll try to write back with my thoughts when I give it a good run through this weekend.

Has anyone picked it up? Your thoughts?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up and will give it a good run through before making an opinion. Already, AW 2.0 is much faster on this than the "upgraded" AW 2.0 on the LG Watch Urbane. Screen is a "tad" smaller but looking forward to giving this a good try. Comfortable as well.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
First impressions...and I am coming from an upgraded to 2.0 LG Watch Urbane, which has under-performed with 2.0 on it...

• Comfortable.
  • Faster at opening apps than my upgraded LG Watch Urbane.
  • Google Assistant is fluid and fast.
  • Gestures work consistantly.

Battery Life - Still testing battery life. Seems like it was making 30 hours or so with moderate activity (10,000+ steps). I did have both Huawei Health and Google Fit on. Today, I disabled Huawei Health to see if that helps with battery life.

I do like Huawei Health but had a few issues with it, despite it getting some very useful data. First, calorie burning information was lacking. I easily burned 2000 on Saturday as Google Fit showed but HH only showed 356. I also downloaded the Huawei Health app but it didn't seem to sync with the watch app. I like the other metrics it recorded but disabled it for now to see if it helps with battery.

Other Thoughts...this isn't the "wow" Android Wear 2.0 watch everyone has been waiting for but it for sure may be better than LG Watch Sport, especially on battery life alone.

All in all, I am very happy and impressed with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall