How to stop certain apps from popping up cards on AW 2.0?

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to stop certain apps from displaying on AW 2.0? My library has an app called Cloud Library that allows to check out e-books to read on the phone. Every time I open the app to read a full size card pops up on my watch with a pause button blocking the face entirely so that you have to swipe down to see what time it is. I have realized that the pause button is because the app allows you check out audiobooks also that will play within the phone app, which is fine.

I really don't want the app to show up on the watch at all as I have never used the audio book feature. I have blocked the app from the notifications in the android wear app, but as it's not a notification it hasn't helped.

Does anyone know how to stop this from occurring?

Thanks!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If you go into Android Wear on your phone, then settings, there's an option to block app notifications. Select that, and you can then pick the apps you don't want to display notifications on your phone.

kodiakdjd

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the Nixon The Mission and same problem since I installed cloudLibrary on my android phone.

Just blocked the cloudLibrary app in the phone AndroidWear app, but watch still show cloudLibrary display on watch, in the place of the time (watch) display . . .

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the Nixon The Mission and same problem since I installed cloudLibrary on my android phone.

Just blocked the cloudLibrary app in the phone AndroidWear app, but watch still show cloudLibrary display on watch, in the place of the time (watch) display . . .

Exactly. Same problem I was having. I never found a solution so I just uninstalled Cloud Library. I only use it on my tablet now, which is unfortunate.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just re-installed CloudLibrary to my phone because I left my tablet at home and wanted to read my book during lunch. Looks like the app was updated because so far no pop-ups on my watch. We'll see if the fix is permanent but I'm happy to finally be able to read on my phone again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463