Hello everyone,

I've looked on a few previous forums about this issue and it sounds like there is a few different possibilities on what it could be. I just got my watch two days ago. It works perfect, however, the battery drain on this thing is insane. I took it off the charger around 630 this morning, 3 hours later I'm sitting at 46%. My screen is set to turn off, wifi is off, and my brightness is a 3. I've also barely messed with it today.

Any help would be appreciated!
    12-20-2017 09:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which watchface are you using? Some faces use a lot more battery than others.

Also, check the watch's battery stats in the Android Wear app. What's using the most battery?
    12-20-2017 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply,

I'm using the modern bronze face that came preloaded on the watch. As for the battery usage I put a screen shot up. It doesn't seem like anything is really running too much but you can see the steady decline of battery life.
    12-20-2017 11:36 AM
    Hmm, that's odd. This was a brand new watch, and not used, right? My Huawei Watch has terrific battery life -- usually down to around 50-60% after one day, so that's clearly abnormal.

I'd try a factory reset on the watch.
    12-20-2017 12:20 PM
    Yeah it was a brand new watch. I tried a factory reset last night but it doesn't seem like it did too much unfortunately.
    12-20-2017 12:23 PM
    Is the watch fully updated? It should be up to AW 2.7.
    12-20-2017 12:44 PM
    I just checked, it is at 2.7. As far as I know it's fully updated. It hasn't tried to install anything else at least.
    12-20-2017 12:46 PM
    Hmm. Which apps have been installed from the Play Store on the watch? Do you find that you're getting tons of notifications from any app?
    12-20-2017 12:55 PM
    I'm at 78% off the charger since 7 AM and with screen always on. Definitely something is using up more battery than it should.

Do a factory reset.
    Also, are you keeping your phone close by all day? I'm thinking that the watch keeps trying to connect with your phone....
    12-20-2017 01:05 PM
    Hmm. Which apps have been installed from the Play Store on the watch? Do you find that you're getting tons of notifications from any app?
    I have installed pandora, Google maps, Google music, Google fit, a messenger app, and keep. I haven't used any yet. The most I've done with the watch was check to text messages.

I'm at 78% off the charger since 7 AM and with screen always on. Definitely something is using up more battery than it should.

Do a factory reset.
    Also, are you keeping your phone close by all day? I'm thinking that the watch keeps trying to connect with your phone....
    I did a reset last night but it doesn't seem like it did anything. My phone is in my pocket all day so hopefully it's not trying to connect haha.
    12-20-2017 01:13 PM
    Just to narrow things down, uninstall all apps from the watch and see if that does anything.
    12-20-2017 02:54 PM
    Just to narrow things down, uninstall all apps from the watch and see if that does anything.
    I just gave it a shot, it doesn't seem like there's much of a difference sadly.
    12-21-2017 11:56 AM
    I'm starting to think you have a defective watch, or perhaps a refurb whose battery was already deteriorating. If this doesn't improve in the next day or so, perhaps after one more factory reset, I'd contact the seller and see if you can get a refund or exchange.
    12-21-2017 12:06 PM
    I'm starting to think you have a defective watch, or perhaps a refurb whose battery was already deteriorating. If this doesn't improve in the next day or so, perhaps after one more factory reset, I'd contact the seller and see if you can get a refund or exchange.
    I checked the app usage and this is what I got. Keep in mind I haven't used my watch at all today. Do you think these two apps are responsible for the drainage?
    12-21-2017 04:20 PM
    I doubt it. Google Play Services is ubiquitous, and is required for pretty much any Google app to function. Fused Location is a system app that is used for location services (combining data from GPS and networks to give accurate location): https://developers.google.com/locati...tion-provider/
    12-22-2017 01:29 AM
    If you haven't done it yet, try turning off OK Google detection. I just read an article that said turning it off dramatically speeds up your watch and many in the comments stated that it increased battery life too. I just turned it off on mine so we'll see how much it really helps. Here's the article if you're interested:

Tip: Disabling "Ok Google" detection on Android Wear could fix your smartwatch's stuttering and lag
    12-22-2017 10:57 AM
    If you haven't done it yet, try turning off OK Google detection. I just read an article that said turning it off dramatically speeds up your watch and many in the comments stated that it increased battery life too. I just turned it off on mine so we'll see how much it really helps. Here's the article if you're interested:

Tip: Disabling "Ok Google" detection on Android Wear could fix your smartwatch's stuttering and lag
    Thanks for the tip. I just turned it off so we'll see if it helps. I emailed the company and they assured me it was a brand new watch. Unless I just got a defective one there has to be something constantly draining this.
    jchapman01 likes this.
    12-22-2017 11:13 AM
    Okay so within the last hour my watch has restarted 3 times. No updates have been installed or anything. I'm feeling a return is in my future
    12-22-2017 01:01 PM