My Huawei honor phone is stuck in system update mode and cannot start

Zalabya

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
I wanted to update the system on my Huawei honor phone and now it is stuck, I have no access to my data :':)'(

1-If I press power and Vol down button, the fastboot and rescue mode appear and shows "Phone Locked".
2-If I connect to Hisuite through the FRM and try to recover using System Recovery, it shows "your device is not supported for system recovery"
3-If I press only power button I see (EMUI) and the following 3 options: Download latest version and recovery, Reboot, and Shutdown. If I choose first option, it connects to wifi and then loads and show: "Getting Package info from server" but then "Getting package info failed"....If I select Reboot it restarts 2 times automatically then brings me back to the same (EMUI) page with the 3 options.

Is there anyway to solve this? Is "Phone locked" in the FRM the problem? I have been researching for the past 5 days and the mobile repair shop that is nearby couldn't do anything and told me it's a lost case. I feel so stuck but I don't want to give up yet . This thread is my last hope to solve this issue. Please help and thank you.

My phone is Huawei Honor 8 and it was working fine until I accidently tried to update the system...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was this a official system update pushed over the air, or did you download an update file from some website and try to install it manually?

Zalabya

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was this a official system update pushed over the air, or did you download an update file from some website and try to install it manually?

Thank you for the quick response. The update was the system update recommended under the system tab under the settings of the phone. I didn't open any websites for this...So it started updating the system but now it is stuck in the middle because failing to download the package from the server I think, it can't go back to the old system or proceed to new system...

Is there anyway to save the data that is on the phone?

Zalabya

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately, it sounds like the problem with the update has corrupted the firmware. I don't think you'll be able to save the data on the phone. Perhaps the only thing you can do is a factory reset: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/honor/honor-8/. Sorry!

Thank you again for the quick response...It is sad but this was my last option... If I may ask, could I know what may have caused this so I avoid the same problem in the future? Thank you

Zalabya

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
I did Wipe Data/Factory reset and it was successful, however when I reboot the phone I see the same screen that was preventing me from starting the phone before the Factory reset.

That screen is (EMUI) and the following 3 options: Download latest version and recovery, Reboot, and Shutdown. If I choose first option, it connects to wifi and then loads and show: "Getting Package info from server" but then "Getting package info failed"....If I select Reboot it restarts 2 times automatically then brings me back to the same (EMUI) page with the 3 options.

How can I revive my phone? Is there any way?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you again for the quick response...It is sad but this was my last option... If I may ask, could I know what may have caused this so I avoid the same problem in the future? Thank you

That's always hard to say. It could be a problem with the code in the update, or some glitch during the update process that caused a catastrophic error, or aging hardware that developed a fault.

The Honor 8 is a 5 year old phone, and the last official update it ever got was probably more than 3 years ago. It's a bit puzzling to me how you could have gotten a recent update on this phone, unless you got it completely unused, and it's just trying to catch up with updates from that long ago.

Zalabya

Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
That's always hard to say. It could be a problem with the code in the update, or some glitch during the update process that caused a catastrophic error, or aging hardware that developed a fault.

The Honor 8 is a 5 year old phone, and the last official update it ever got was probably more than 3 years ago. It's a bit puzzling to me how you could have gotten a recent update on this phone, unless you got it completely unused, and it's just trying to catch up with updates from that long ago.

Yeah I don't know why it proceeded with the update if it cannot handle it...So should I just give up on this phone then?? Is there any last advice I could get on what to do to get it working, at least until I get a new phone?