Huawei G300+ hot and draining battery

Treebone

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
My G300+ has (in the last couple of days) started running very hot (50c) and is draining the battery extremely fast (about an hour to drain from 100%).
I have had the phone for almost a year and until not there has been no problems.
I have removed all my apps and done a factory reboot and it is still hot and draining.
I have removed the SD card and it is still hot and draining.
I have changed SIM card and it is still hot and draining.
I have put it in flight mode and it cools down and battery is ok ... but flight mode is essentially useless.
I put a battery monitor app on to see what is using the battery and it indicates that "Radio Signal" is what is using the power - signal strength is always high and I am in a "5-bar" service area.
I guess this is the root of the problem, but I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem.
Should get a new battery?
Should I get a new phone?
Any help would be appreciated.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My G300+ has (in the last couple of days) started running very hot (50c) and is draining the battery extremely fast (about an hour to drain from 100%).
I have had the phone for almost a year and until not there has been no problems.
I have removed all my apps and done a factory reboot and it is still hot and draining.
I have removed the SD card and it is still hot and draining.
I have changed SIM card and it is still hot and draining.
I have put it in flight mode and it cools down and battery is ok ... but flight mode is essentially useless.
I put a battery monitor app on to see what is using the battery and it indicates that "Radio Signal" is what is using the power - signal strength is always high and I am in a "5-bar" service area.
I guess this is the root of the problem, but I'm clueless as to how to fix the problem.
Should get a new battery?
Should I get a new phone?
Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums.
With everything you have described, it sounds like there is a problem with either the physical radios or the software dealing with them. If it were me, I might start looking at a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781