Why can't I get my Google contacts, or Gmail to sync on my Huawei H868C?

A

AC Question

Why can't I get my Google contacts, or Gmail to sync on my Huawei H868C

I have gone Google settings and used the 16 digit temporary password generated by Google apps; I get the message "User name or password incorrect." When I try my email user name and password I get the same message. Curiously when I use THE SAME EMAIL USER NAME AND PASSWORD on the Google home page on my phone I get right into my Gmail with no problem. This only happens when I try to create a contacts, and or a Gmail sync.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why can't I get my Google contacts, or Gmail to sync on my Huawei H868C

Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone already logged into your Google account (in Settings>Accounts)? If the phone is already logged into Google, you shouldn't have to enter another password for Gmail or Contacts. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Gmail and Contacts are checked on.

Paul Winebrenner

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

No. I went to: add a Google account, entered my Gmail username, entered my password, and received the message "Username and password don't match."

Curiously when I use THE SAME EMAIL USERNAME AND PASSWORD on my Google home page I get right into my Gmail with no problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So the phone doesn't have any Google account associated with it right now? When you're trying to add the account, instead of using a random app-specific password, just use your usual Google password. Or did you try that and it didn't work?

Paul Winebrenner

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Yes, that is exactly what my issue is. I did have a Google account associated with it before; Unfortunately I was having numerous problems with my phone that I couldn't figure out how to fix, so I reset my phone to factory settings, and now I can't reassociate my Google accounts with the phone again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you using 2 factor authentication?

Paul Winebrenner

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I don't think so. Please educate me, what is two factor authentication? I tried to go to the Google Play Store to look-up Two Factor Authentication, and was sent to the same screen.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia