Why is my phone half rooted?

A

AC Question

why is my phone half rooted

My phone say that it's rooted when i downloaded root checker it says it isn't rooted when i try to download my system software it says failed because it's rooted, im confused, is there any solution to unroot it i tried rooting it again it says rooted bit it is the same i tried unrooting still the same

My phone is a Huawei Y-600

Christopher Keeling

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: why is my phone half rooted

I am learning about this rooting and unrooting business myself. I have, after some research, discovered why. We both have the same problem. I guess, perhaps due to some security thing, even though the device has been unrooted, firmwares, etc. Are still custom. Example, if you go to settings, general, about phone, then status, under status it may say custom. It should say normal. All I can say is that something could need to be flashed, some program called odin may be needed, probably a PC, and recovery files may need to be installed. If this helps any, thats great.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my phone half rooted

If the phone has ever been rooted, the update will (and should) fail, because you can root, make some changes, then unroot - and an update will brick the phone due to the changes that are still there. You have to flash a stock ROM, then update, or just flash a current ROM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair