I know the inc2 has gorilla glass and everything, but this is my first real expensive phone and I'm looking to give it as much protection as possible. Any good suggestions for screen protectors? I'm not too worried about price as long as it provides protection but maintains the quality of the SLCD screen.p
    05-16-2011 05:42 PM
    The best screen protector is no screen protector.

Even the clearest ones...99.9% clear....take away from the quality of the screen and its noticeable.

The best screen protector I have ever used is realook, but they don't have them for the incredible 2 yet. Still wouldnt get one though.
    05-16-2011 06:10 PM
    Just did a review of the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protector in this same forum. Check it out. In short, it's good and I like it. It's totally transparent and the screen still looks great through it. It was easy to put on, particularly compared to what I've read about how it can be very difficult to put certain other kinds on. No orange peel appearance, no corners peeling up, etc.

Basically you're choosing between plastic and rubber, wet-apply and dry-apply, clear and anti-glare. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. I knew I wanted crystal clear, something that I was able to swipe smoothly over, something that was easy to apply, something that wouldn't get stuff stuck under it permanently. and something that wasn't ruined if I messed up the install. Boxwave's crystal option fits the bill for me. I probably would have gotten the Steinheil, which sounds similar and gets lots of love in the forums, if they had made a Dinc2 version when I was ready to buy.

So far the only downside of the Boxwave is that oil smudges from your finger seem to be more visible on this protector than they were on the naked screen. But now I don't worry about grinding something unseen into the screen when I wipe those smudges away like I was with no protector. I treated the Thunderbolt I had briefly like a baby and still somehow scratched its naked screen. I hear through the grapevine that sand is the one thing that will scratch Gorilla Glass and I live in a sandy environment, so maybe that was it. Not an issue now.
    05-20-2011 11:52 AM
    Are there any that fit the whole glass screen (rounded shape that fits and covers the buttons and front camera too) not just the rectangle one Verizon has?

sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 02:35 PM
    bowave is good like the post above you said. but i like steinhill best.
    07-28-2011 02:47 PM
    I just got a 3 pack from a company named Empire and I really like them. Personally I cant really tell any difference with or without it as far as the screen quality goes. And the main thing I wanted was one that covered all the glass which these do, there is however a little cutout on the top right for the FFC of course. Overall I really like it and have not had any issues with it interfering with touch input.
    07-28-2011 04:15 PM
    I have an invisible shield from zagg, its awesome. Lifetime warranty etc, and done even notice. Little cut out for camera otherwise fully covered
    lmloiselle517 likes this.
    07-28-2011 10:43 PM
    That's the one I want!

sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2011 02:28 AM
    I have some that I am giving away for a product review
    08-14-2011 07:00 PM
    I have some that I am giving away for a product review
    i would take one!
    08-20-2011 01:34 AM
    If you still feel like giving one away, I'll be a Guinea pig.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2011 08:28 AM
    I just got a new Dinc 2 and would try one also!

Thanks

Don
    09-23-2011 03:29 PM
    I'm a fan of Skinomi. Has anyone used that screen protector on the Dinc2?
    10-13-2011 07:24 PM
    I'm a fan of Skinomi. Has anyone used that screen protector on the Dinc2?
    I am also a fan of Skinomi. Mine just arrived for my Dinc2. I can't wait to put it on tonight.
    10-25-2011 07:48 PM
    I'm using Invisible Shield from Zagg... purchased because of the warranty. It was easy to install and I've experienced no loss of sensitivity on the screen. Might get same for the wife's Christmas present (IPad2)

11-06-2011 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD