Need case + holster or clip. Thoughts?

joshlane4

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone, I ordered it from Amazon, but now it needs some protection. I like the thought of a rubberized "skin" combined with a pouch (like this: Set Your Location). But I'm not opposed to some kind of case + clip holster (like this: Set Your Location)

I like the Otterbox commuter, but don't see any kind of belt clip option for it. The Otterbox Defender just looks huge, but comes with a belt clip. Anybody have experience with it? (see: Incredible 2 Cases, Incredible 2 Defender Series // OtterBox.com)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

joshlane4

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, I stopped by my local Verizon store and they had the Otterbox Defender in the store, which I was able to get on sale for $40. I have 14 days to decide if I like it.

So far, I'm on the fence. On the plus side, the phone feels completely protected. The case is comprised of a two part plastic shell with a screen guard, all of which is surrounded by a silicon frame. The case comes with a clip in belt holster.

On the down side, it makes the phone significantly larger. What was previously a sexy slim phone is now a clunky, chunky phone.

Still not sure if I'll keep it or not. If I get time, I'll try to take some pics this weekend

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the commuter case and very happy with it so far! I also have been looking for a clip for it because like you said the Defender adds on a lot of bulk. I have a leather pouch and with the commuter case on it barely fits inside lol.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I had a Seidio surface on my Droid and loved it. I just got my Dinc2 and ordered a very cheap silicone cover from Amazon and bought a generic Case Logic holster from Target. The holster is a bit oversized but works fine. If I decide I don't like the silicone cover I'm going to order the Surface for the Incredible 2, which should work well with my Case Logic holster.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Seidio is having a 15% off Father's Day sale. I ordered a Surface for my Dinc2. I had one for my Droid and loved it. Highly recommended.

joshlane4

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Seidio is having a 15% off Father's Day sale. I ordered a Surface for my Dinc2. I had one for my Droid and loved it. Highly recommended.

Where did you see this? I'm thinking about taking back my Otterbox case and ordering this one. I don't see anything about the sale on the site?

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have an extra Verizon Case/Holster that I will sell for $10+ship. List is $29

I've used it for a few days and it still looks brand new. I decided to go with the Incipio Silicrylic.