Verizon has the wireless charging battery cover, and separate charging mat, on their website. Has anyone here tried this out yet?

Does it work with a case/skin/silicone on, or does the mat and battery door need direct contact?

Is charging time affected? Does it take longer to charge via the wireless mat?
    06-27-2011 02:54 AM
    Looks like they just added it so I'm sure the only people who have had it are the engineers, dunno if I want to pay $110 to charge the phone I paid $150 for when I'll still have to plug it in everywhere else. I think they might work with cases because it uses magnets but I can't speak to that.
    06-27-2011 03:09 PM
    I would be curious if this back would work with the Palm Touchstones. I will say if you have never used wireless charging once you do you are likely to not go back to plugging in. Since I just recently retired my Palm Pre Plus I still have 3 touchstones laying around. I would like to use them again if I could.
    06-29-2011 01:02 PM
    Looks like they just added it so I'm sure the only people who have had it are the engineers, dunno if I want to pay $110 to charge the phone I paid $150 for when I'll still have to plug it in everywhere else. I think they might work with cases because it uses magnets but I can't speak to that.
    Very true about the $$ issue, esp since I paid almost retail for mine. I was thinking of leaving it in the car. Depending on size, I was thinking of leaving the mat always plugged in and on the shelf under my iDrive screen, so when I plug the headphone jack into the phone I can just place it on the mat and charge while I stream Pandora or Sirius.

Reason I asked about the mat being able to charge through a silicone case is because I would have to put a sticky pad on the wireless mat to prevent the phone from potentially flying off (it's never happened, as I leave my phone on that shelf all the time while i drive, but just in case).
    06-30-2011 11:47 AM
    I would be curious if this back would work with the Palm Touchstones. I will say if you have never used wireless charging once you do you are likely to not go back to plugging in. Since I just recently retired my Palm Pre Plus I still have 3 touchstones laying around. I would like to use them again if I could.
    I have like 8 touchstones and would love to be able to use them again....
    07-09-2011 01:36 PM
    Does it make the phone thicker like the thunderbolt one?
    07-14-2011 05:01 PM
    Does it make the phone thicker like the thunderbolt one?
    Yes, and it looks like by quite a bit. If I was going to make my phone thicker I'd use the extra space for a bigger battery

07-16-2011 10:44 AM
    I got the Verizon package when the back was on sale. Very happy so far. It seems to charge as fast as regular USB charging.

The only problem I have is getting a case and holster for it. The TPU case won't wrap around. And then with a stretchable silicone skin that barley fits, I can't get it into my holster.

Other than that, its been a great convenience. And it saves me about three seconds when I have to run for my train home from work!!!
    09-13-2011 03:24 PM
    Has anyone tried this with a Palm Touchstone? I still have one mounted in my car and would love to be able to use it for my Incredible 2.
    09-23-2011 07:59 PM
    Well I tried it with the touchstone and it does not work with either the puck or the one for the touchpad.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    09-25-2011 06:47 PM
    Anyone have a decent case for this?
    09-26-2011 10:27 AM
    Yes, and it looks like by quite a bit. If I was going to make my phone thicker I'd use the extra space for a bigger battery

Click to view quoted image
    I actually have all three battery covers (Stock, Wireless Charging, and Extended Battery (shown respectively in picture))

You can see it's right about in the middle between the two in thickness, not really thin, but much less thick then the stock photo would have you believe.

09-26-2011 11:21 AM
    Well I tried it with the touchstone and it does not work with either the puck or the one for the touchpad.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Sigh. Thanks, joe57x. I guess it was too much to hope for.
    09-26-2011 12:52 PM
    Just got it today. will see if i find a cover will fit at the Verizon mall. Why oh why three sizes.
    09-26-2011 09:00 PM
    It works with the silicone case sold by Verizon.
    10-30-2011 08:08 PM