tethering on DInc2

rlrhk1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for my DInc2 to arrive in the mail (switched from Fascinate) and I want to know if there is a way to tether (wireless or USB). I currently have my Fascinate rooted and am using wireless tether app from the market place and it works perfect. Does anyone know if this will work on the DInc2 or have another option?

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Same app works on the Inc2 but you have to download directly and not through the market. At least I can't find it on the market when logged in.

Another option is the hack from the Inc1.

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
In the spirit of 'teach a man to fish..."

Go to the Android market. Sign out if you are automatically signed in - this alleviates an restrictions forced by the carrier. Search for 'wireless tether'. (this app should be the top hit) When you get to the app's page you'll find a link to the developers site.

But, to cut to the chase, here's the direct link.

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

I'm running Virtuous Unity ROM now and have no need for this app as tethering is built into the ROM. I would encourage you to take a look at the ROM - it is very nice.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you search good for wifi feather you will find an open source project that is available and does a great job. You may have to play around with versions to find the one that works best for you but 3.1 beta 8 works great for me. http://android-wifi-thether.googlecode.com If it works for you consider a little donation for them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci