New ROM in ROM Manager

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all--

So there's a new ROM for us in ROM Manager, and since I haven't seen it posted here, I figure I would mention it. The ROM is Virtuous Unity, and it's based on the Sensation. It looks really nice and has Sense 3.0! I've been running it since last night, and while it's not perfect, it's definitely worth a look. I definitely like it better than the stock 2.3.3, and once some of the bugs get ironed out, it will be stellar. In any event, let's hear from others using this one!

Bryan

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried it for a little while, it was nice and fast, but I didn't see any significant advantages over the stock 2.3.3. But I don't use Sense, so I guess it's major feature (Sense 3) is lost on me.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried it for a little while, it was nice and fast, but I didn't see any significant advantages over the stock 2.3.3. But I don't use Sense, so I guess it's major feature (Sense 3) is lost on me.

Yeah, I think that's the main draw to this one. I think Sense 3.0 (especially the lock screen) is a significant improvement over an already polished (albeit pudgy) custom UI. That said, I still think I prefer vanilla Android best. I must mean that on some level as I'm toward the end of working on a trade that will land the DInc2 in the hands of a new owner, and I "suffer through" on an older device until the "Jesus Phone" hits toward the end of the year. Be it Bionic/Prime/SGSII/Vigor, or whatever.... In any event, if you're a Sense fan, keep your eye on this one. The DInc2 is still a great piece of work!

Bryan

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I find this to be an excellent ROM (as noted, if you like Sense). If you have run into any problems you might want to cruise over to XDA. There is a patch which addresses many of the problems with the original release. Not sure when they'll get rolled into the full ROM. You'll also find ways to address other problems that the Virtuous team have not yet taken care of. I'm having zero issues but it's still early and I haven't tested everything out.

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been running this for about a day. 1 word... Amazing. Fast. Smooth. Stable.. Not one force close. Even has some mods available already in XDA. This is definitely worth a flash. Battery life isn't bad either.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm running this ROM and loving it. The only thing I dislike is instead of displaying 3G, it has EvDo. I'm picky like that, but everything else is awesome.

drinkhere

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish i could just root my incredible already any word on rooting 2.3.3 yet ? i might have to go back to my fascinate for awhile.

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm running this ROM and loving it. The only thing I dislike is instead of displaying 3G, it has EvDo. I'm picky like that, but everything else is awesome.

Check out XDA. There's a thread in the inc2 themes forums that has a flashable zip mod that changes it to the stock 3g. Definitely worth it.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Unity since RMK released it for the Dinc2. I am a fan of sense and I will tell you first hand this rom is slicker than butter!!! It is very heavy though. It is also very stable!

drinkhere

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Im having a bit of a problem I just rooted my dinc 2 and I flashed miui rom and evey time I boot up it crashes. Any idea what's the problem ?

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Im having a bit of a problem I just rooted my dinc 2 and I flashed miui rom and evey time I boot up it crashes. Any idea what's the problem ?

You might want to start a new thread for this one, but did you try multiple wipes/factory resets in ClockworkMod? It might be overkill, but I do two factory resets, two cache wipes (even though it does a cache wipe on factory resets), two dalvik cache wipes (in advanced settings), and two battery statistics wipes. THEN I install the new ROM. I hope this helps!

Bryan

drinkhere

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You might want to start a new thread for this one, but did you try multiple wipes/factory resets in ClockworkMod? It might be overkill, but I do two factory resets, two cache wipes (even though it does a cache wipe on factory resets), two dalvik cache wipes (in advanced settings), and two battery statistics wipes. THEN I install the new ROM. I hope this helps!

Bryan

i tried all of that and still nothing. i can't flash a rom plus my cwm crashes everytime i try to do something with it.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I ran it for awhile and liked it. Sense 3 is nice. However, I need GSM support and want Visual Voice Mail. Neither work with that ROM. If you want world phone support, don't install it as your daily driver.

wyattyoss10

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

There's a topic on xda in the themes and Apps subforums of this phone that switches the sign to 3g among other things. Worth checking out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

AliceBToklas

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the gmail app having an error? It keeps force closing, otherwise I really like having sense 3.0!

Never had that happen even once and I've been running it since it was released. Perhaps you should try complete wipe and reflash? Not sure what else to suggest.

crazy_skier

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Just want to double check before I do that, if I have a backup with cwm I can still restore contacts and all that after a complete wipe correct? I'm a newb to this