ROM Talk...

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
So I've finally rooted. Thanx to all here. You guys were helpful in my noob questions thread. So now I was hoping we could talk about the various roms. I will begin with talking about mine.

I'm running the miui.us 1.8.5 build. The battery life was awful at first. But I just saw earlier its the kernel. So I've switched from stock to the latest tiamat and it seems better. The miui.us is 2.3.5 and is running great. I think it must be an oc rom. The system info said 1.5g. After updating kernel it was up to 2g. I think the ocing was also killing battery. Thus I got CPU tuner and set Max to 960mhz. Just as fast.

As far as programs it was good stock but I had to get the office reader stuff and adobe reader to view attachments. I also had to get voice search too. I didn't care for the stock keyboard so I got a gb KB on the market. Works great. Now I'm just hoping my battery life gets better. A buggy thing I noticed was the clock would read in 24hr mode despite setting to 12. Again fixed by a market download.

So far as rooting and flashing I was glad I backed my apps up and all. But I had hoped since I got them on the android market they would be pushed to me. They never did and it seems now I have to manually search to update my already installed apps. Ideas anyone?

So what roms have u guys flashed? I'm loving miui.us but am interested in whatever else sweet is out there. Anyone have any idea when a stable cm will be out? I'd like to try that out eventually. Although if my battery life improves like I'm hoping it will I may never switch. Any miui.us users out there with any battery life tips? Hope everyone is enjoying root. And for all u buyers who got gb preloaded sit tight. I'm sure root is gonna come. And when it does u will love it!!!

skyboxer

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only flashed cm7 beta and nightly builds since I was rooted. Once I installed the google stuff and signed in to market all the apps started downloading to my phone. I've had hardly any problems with cm7. Even though cm hasn't declared the builds "stable" I notice there aren't many bug reports, especially when compared to some of the other roms in development. Tiamat just had an update a couple of days ago. I guess they dropped the voltage some which should help battery life but makes it less able to overclock in my experience. It's not an issue for me as cm7 is plenty speedy

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk