Which apks are okay to rename?

Harmdizzle

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks...first of all, thanks to notluK for the awesome guide to rooting the dinc2. I rooted to get bloatware off; I'm coming from a DX where I used root explorer to rename certain apks to bak. Does anyone know which apks are okay to rename? Thanks in advance for your help!

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's a Froyo debloating guide, search through the adb commands for .apk file names, that should get you moving in the right direction, I would assume the file names are all the same in GB. I would have frozen my bloat but I just ended up flashing a CM nightly for now.

Have fun!

Last edited:

sttngagt

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend the miui.us rom with the latest tiamat kernel. Amazing. I don't miss sense. Really just the clock and weather animations. That's about it. Have fun debloating though!!!

notluK

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend the miui.us rom with the latest tiamat kernel. Amazing. I don't miss sense. Really just the clock and weather animations. That's about it. Have fun debloating though!!!

I have the CM7 nightly, replaced ADW with a Gingerbread launcher from the Market, and modded my LiveWallpapers.apk to include the Nexus S goodies.

Somehow I think this is the closest I'll come to a Nexus on Verizon. :p

Last edited: