Been researching root for 2.3.4 for hours now

DougieFresh-sr20ve

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have run the command prompt as Admin....but it just opens and closes out immediately....actually running the script hasnt even been an option for me yet since the command prompt will not stay open.

Reactions: victoryore

DougieFresh-sr20ve

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I have now also tried the alternate approach and downloaded the SDK file. I have followed all of the instructions to the best of my ability and I have having the same results that I had previously with the downgrade kit approach. When I run the adb as admin, it opens, scrolls very quickly, and closes immediately. I am completely confused why I can have all the neccessary steps complete, and be so close, and the command prompt will not stay open. I am really out of options for any assistance with this other than this thread. XDA wont even let me ask any questions because of it being a development thread and I am a "noob" because I just registered with them. Could someone please give me some help, or as asked previously by victoryore, a youtube walk-through would be amazing. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I have now also tried the alternate approach and downloaded the SDK file. I have followed all of the instructions to the best of my ability and I have having the same results that I had previously with the downgrade kit approach. When I run the adb as admin, it opens, scrolls very quickly, and closes immediately. I am completely confused why I can have all the neccessary steps complete, and be so close, and the command prompt will not stay open. I am really out of options for any assistance with this other than this thread. XDA wont even let me ask any questions because of it being a development thread and I am a "noob" because I just registered with them. Could someone please give me some help, or as asked previously by victoryore, a youtube walk-through would be amazing. Thank you in advance for all of your help!

Run the command prompt, not adb.exe. Go to run in the start menu and input "cmd". You will get a persistent terminal/command prompt window. Change to the folder where you have adb and the files from the kit. Then execute the commands. I believe what you are doing is trying to execute adb from Windows directly. That will cause it to open the command window and close after execution rather than taking you back to the prompt.

victoryore

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
yeah i never modded a droid before. so i have no idea what im doing all i wanna do is root it. but i also have to down grade. so a walkthrough where a 4 year old would understand lol.

DougieFresh-sr20ve

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Heres all you should need to do. Go to your start menu on ur PC. In the "search" bar, type in "cmd"...it should bring up an icon for cmd....right click the icon, and choose Run as Admin. Once you are in that, go to your kit file, and run the Hack vivow....it should do the rest for you. Let me know of any problems from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair