Would like to understand rooting

heyjude

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. I am getting a new DI2 for work next week, and I would like to root the phone, get rid of the crapware that VZW puts on, and then unroot it. Is that possible? I looked at a thread about temp rooting but I can't tell if this is actually a temp root or not.

Has anyone done this, and is it something I should try as a relative noob to Android?

Thanks so much.

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi there. I am getting a new DI2 for work next week, and I would like to root the phone, get rid of the crapware that VZW puts on, and then unroot it. Is that possible? I looked at a thread about temp rooting but I can't tell if this is actually a temp root or not.

Has anyone done this, and is it something I should try as a relative noob to Android?

Thanks so much.

No its not possible. Once your rooted, you can put a stock debloated ROM on there. Look into.it. most of the inc2 community is in xda. Look for some guides to assist. Good luck

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
After gaining super user access and changing the frame work of the phone you wouldn't want to go back to an un-rooted state because the next update pushed down from the Verizon servers would brick your phone. You can root it get an app like titanium backup freeze all the bloat and then just leave it alone. That would leave you at stock and with the exception of having super user and a custom recovery image it'd be no different than if you hadn't touched it. The root methods are fairly straight forward as the way to un-root in most cases. Just be sure that you read through the whole process and be sure that you understand it before starting. Ask questions here or on XDA and sit down and take your time. Be patient and let the root do it's thing, If you don't mind why would you want to release s-off once you achieved it to begin with?

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks so much.

If you want to stick with stock, but remove the bloat your will need do the following.

I would be surprised if your phone won't have .98 bootloader and 2.3.4 on it. If so, go here
[Tool] Downgrade VivoW with hboot 0.98 - xda-developers
You will need to downgrade to get s-off and root.

Then due the following

[How to] Root Your DInc2 Tutorial! (2.3.3 GB Only) - xda-developers

This will get s-off and full root access

This is a stock rom and GSM compatible.
Virtuous ROM: RMK Ginger Sense r1 - Inc2/VivoW 4.08.605.3

These instructions are for sticking with stock and nothing else.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you make a backup of your stock rooted system before you wipe and install a rom. You can make backups through rom manager or a custom recovery

Sent from my Inc2

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
You could also download and use the Unity ROM which runs really well on our phones and is Sense 3.0 so things will still be pretty familiar for you.