Help....AOSP Based Roms

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Still kind of a newbie to the whole rooting and flashing roms thing but I really like the AOSP based roms such as cm7, tsm, and liquid. The problem I've been having was that the stock radio I had wouldn't work well with them. So I ended up flashing the latest radio and now whenever I reboot after I've flashed one of those ROMS, my settings wont save. Could this be anything with the new radio or is there something else I should do? Just seems weird that everyone I've tried...has the same problem.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Still kind of a newbie to the whole rooting and flashing roms thing but I really like the AOSP based roms such as cm7, tsm, and liquid. The problem I've been having was that the stock radio I had wouldn't work well with them. So I ended up flashing the latest radio and now whenever I reboot after I've flashed one of those ROMS, my settings wont save. Could this be anything with the new radio or is there something else I should do? Just seems weird that everyone I've tried...has the same problem.

I'm no expert, but I don't think the radio would have anything to do with it. I had Liquid installed on my DInc2 running the latest radio and had absolutely no problems. I never had similar problems to what you are describing on CM7 or TSM, either. YMMV,

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It's crazy.......I've searched everywhere with people who have had similar problems but nothing. And now I see that it also happened when I flashed MIUI as well. Can it be an app(s) that wont work well with the flashable roms? I read that people have problems with freezing or random reboots with aosp roms and although I also had a random reboot or two, no one has the issue of losing their settings. Those people having problems flashed the rom in cwm after wiping. I did as well....but still the same problems. Also, just noticed this but once it reboots and I lose my settings, I also lose all sound including people not being able to hear me when I make a call to them. I did mention before that I flashed a new radio but this problem was happening before I flashed the new radio from the stock one.

Last edited:

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest emailing the developer of whatever ROM you want to use and see which radio is recommended for the device with their ROM. If you look over at XDA in the post for the ROM it is likely to have the radio recommendations right there. If not ask the developers they can probably help the most.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
There has been a known issue with call volume with certain AOSP kernals. The latest CM7 kernal has fixed it and aeroevans kernal over at rootzwiki has fixed it. I would flash areoevans .7 bfs kernal and see if that fixed your issues. I've been running it on MIUI for a week and i've had no issues at all. Make sure you wipe dalvik and cache before flashing kernal.

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
There has been a known issue with call volume with certain AOSP kernals. The latest CM7 kernal has fixed it and aeroevans kernal over at rootzwiki has fixed it. I would flash areoevans .7 bfs kernal and see if that fixed your issues. I've been running it on MIUI for a week and i've had no issues at all. Make sure you wipe dalvik and cache before flashing kernal.

I never added a different kernel other than what was there with stock. But at this point, I'll try anything because I really want to use a different rom other than the stock sense one. I was going to flash skyraider or a different sense based rom just to see a comparison but I'm wondering if it has to do with a certain app or apps. I'll take a look at aeroevan but also flash miui or any others without restoring my apps through titanium backup and see if it works that way. I know google+ has had some problems and that was the first thing I left out when I did my last flash especially since I got that "acore" message error. We'll see what happens.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I always, flash the rom an install my favorite custom kernal. You just can't install AOSP kernals on Sense and same goes for AOSP to Sense.

Sounds like you might be restored data. You can't restore data going from sense to AOSP, you can only restore the app itself.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
OP...If you flash skyraider keep the kernel that it comes with. On AOSP I usually flash a separate kernel. What radio are you using? Are you wiping data, cache, dalvick cache before installing roms? I would recommend not restoring apps after installing a rom to see if the issues persist...you could have some corrupted data from a restored app.

Sent from my Inc2

rayzup478

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
OP...If you flash skyraider keep the kernel that it comes with. On AOSP I usually flash a separate kernel. What radio are you using? Are you wiping data, cache, dalvick cache before installing roms? I would recommend not restoring apps after installing a rom to see if the issues persist...you could have some corrupted data from a restored app.

Sent from my Inc2

I'm using the latest one that was recommended for verizon.......1.09.01.0722, Even though I really like AOSP based roms, i think I'm going to give MIUI a try. So if not restoring what I had, I should just install all apps from scratch then? I just don't see how it could be the new radio since I had this issue before I got the new radio. But as I mentioned......still kind of a newbie so all of your suggestions are really appreciated and I'll definitely try it if it works. I read all the time on how people are loving CM7, liquid, tsm, MIUI, etc and I just want to experience that myself

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the latest one that was recommended for verizon.......1.09.01.0722, Even though I really like AOSP based roms, i think I'm going to give MIUI a try. So if not restoring what I had, I should just install all apps from scratch then? I just don't see how it could be the new radio since I had this issue before I got the new radio. But as I mentioned......still kind of a newbie so all of your suggestions are really appreciated and I'll definitely try it if it works. I read all the time on how people are loving CM7, liquid, tsm, MIUI, etc and I just want to experience that myself

The radio you flashed shouldn't affect your ROM at all. Like they said, trying flashing a different kernel, that's made for AOSP (If nothing else it could help battery life, etc.). Also, I would recommend 4EXT Recovery. I heard people were having trouble with AOSP ROMs when installing with ClockWorkMod and people with 4EXT were fine. That's what I'm guessing your problem is. But just to be on the safe side reinstall all your apps freshly without the data.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Miui is AOSP. It has some bugs and most kernels dont work with it. Its really nice though but I wouldn't call it stable.

I think you are having a problem with corrupted data with either clockwork not wiping totally or with restored apps. Like said before try a fresh install of a rom and install apps fresh from the market, don't even use titanium at all....if the problems are gone titanium may have corrupted your backed up apps.

Also make sure it says that it successfully wiped data and cache in clockwork before you install a rom.

If you want, try liquids rom. It may be a nice one to try because I believe it has tiamats kernel packaged into it.

Sent from my Inc2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21