I could use a little help.... my brain is cooked...

mcomeau334

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
1st off, I'm glad I found this site. It was completely by accident, but a good one.

I have the Dinc2, it came stock with 2.3.4. So I used revolutionary to downgrade. Well, it downgraded to 2.2.1. I would like to get it updated to 2.3.4, but I'm not sure the best way. From what I can tell, the radio got flashed to a Froyo radio during the Revolutionary process, and I think thats why none of the 2.3.3 roms, or anything like that are working. So do I re-flash a radio? Re lock the phone (s-on)? or can i use an ruu with CWM or something to that effect. It seems I'm finding all the info on 2.2.1, but its really not the stock version. Sorry in advance if I'm not making sense, my eyes are bleeding, and my little pee brain hurts from reading so much... J/K.. (not the pee brain part, that's probably accurate) I will try to explain better if someone needs me to, but any advice on which direction to go will be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
So you downgraded using revolutionary, did you install a recovery and get superuser. And you have tried to flash roms but it doesn't work? Or are you looking for a specific ROM?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to go back to stock 2.3.4? Because there are ROMs that are that gingerbread version and above. So you don't need to unroot or anything like that if that's your goal. If you have S-OFF you can flash a newer radio, and with a custom recovery you can flash a new ROM. Try 4EXT for a recovery, it's the best!

And to flash a radio just download and place it on the root of your SD card. Power off your phone and then holding the volume down, turn your phone back on. It should take you to the Hboot screen. From there it will recognize the PG32IMG.zip (radio) and give you the option to flash it. Just make sure to check the MD5 sum, because with a corrupt file you could brick your phone. Just be careful, but it's easy. I'd recommend either the .0722 or .1111 radio, both are great.

Last edited:

mcomeau334

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I did use revolutionary to downgrade, and yes, cwm and superuser installed. I've tried to flash a few different 2.3.3 roms with know luck, it just stays 2.2.1. And djaquez21, I would like to at least try to get to 2.3.3. And flashing the radio was what I was thinking of trying next. But I'm not sure how to pick the right one, because my phone came with 2.3.4 originally, and most instructions I am finding are for a phone that came stock with 2.2.1. Basically, if I can be sure I'm flashing the right radio, I think the rest would fall into place.

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I did use revolutionary to downgrade, and yes, cwm and superuser installed. I've tried to flash a few different 2.3.3 roms with know luck, it just stays 2.2.1. And djaquez21, I would like to at least try to get to 2.3.3. And flashing the radio was what I was thinking of trying next. But I'm not sure how to pick the right one, because my phone came with 2.3.4 originally, and most instructions I am finding are for a phone that came stock with 2.2.1. Basically, if I can be sure I'm flashing the right radio, I think the rest would fall into place.

The radio should not have anything to do with flashing a new ROM. If you are not able to flash a ROM, than make sure you get a good download of it, check the md5, than make sure you wipe everything.

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The radio should not have anything to do with flashing a new ROM. If you are not able to flash a ROM, than make sure you get a good download of it, check the md5, than make sure you wipe everything.

Exactly.. Flashing a ROM and radio are two separate things. Radio's are flashed for signal/speed generally and ROMs are for different software. You can flash different radios, but just make sure not to flash the same one twice in a row, unless you'd like a expensive paperweight. If you liked 2.3.4 there are ROMs like this or this.

mcomeau334

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I did finally manage to get a cm7 rom flashed, and it worked fine until I tried getting google apps working, and then it got stuck in a boot loop. Thanks for the help guys, I just was reading to far into things, and confusing myself, and you helped straighten Me out. Djaquez21, thanks for the links, I think i may give the 2.3.4 rom a go.

mcomeau334

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update, I got the 2.3.4 ROM to work, and its great. I did a few things differently, so not exactly sure what the "fix" was, but I was not following the instructions to the letter I'm sure. I appreciate the help, suggestions, and patience everyone!

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Just remember to do full wipes when flashing different ROMs to avoid issues. Sometimes wipes aren't necessary when upgrading to a newer version of a ROM, but I always do just to be safe.

And you might want to follow directions there. Things may work, but maybe not properly. Just be careful, flashing and stuff like that is pretty simple, but it's also not that hard to mess up your phone. As long as you know what you're doing, it's all good.