Used the Htc dev unlock tool,Now what?

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys and Girls, I have looked thru these forums and I cant Find what to do after I use the HTC dev unlock tool for the Dinc 2 successfully, running 2.3.4 hboot.98 to gain s off, and root, do I just use the downgrade process listed here to 2.3.3 and run that?, Its a newbe thing I know but I could use some direction, a push , a shove, a flame are all welcome just so I get to where I am going, Its imperative that I root to get rid of that $##$ing bloatware, I have lived with it much to long.Many thx in advance.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I posted this a while ago and I need a little help, any and all replies would be appreciated

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The impression I get is that you're wanting to downgrade back to 2.3.3?

Getting rid of bloatware with root is easy. Use something like titanium backup to either freeze the apps or force uninstall them from your device.

Unless by bloatware you mean sense? Which isn't bloatware. If you're wanting rid of that you'll need a Custom ROM

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mimsiesboy

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I wouldn't use the HTC Unlock tool. Instead, use Revolutionary for S-OFF. And once you downgrade to 2.3.3 you can flash a different ROM, which will already have the bloatware removed.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See thats where I went wrong, I used the HTC dev unlock tool and it worked . Device is unlocked and its on .98 bootloader. and now I cant get Clockwork mod to load using the downgrade to 2.3.3 tool in this forum. I have been playing around and havent been able to figure it out yet. Do I need to flash the mirror of cwm in fastboot? should I just go for it and see? I am sitting on my 2 year upgrade waiting for the one x or the s3 to hit Verizon, Yea I know it might be awhile. Thx

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to relock after unlocking with the HTC dev tool?

Okay I did a little bit of research and I found some stuff..

To relock the bootloader get in fastboot mode and use the command: fastboot oem lock

From there the bootloader should say relocked. And from there I'm guessing you can use downgrade method back to gingerbread 2.3.3 and get S-OFF and root.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Tried fastboot oem lock and all I got was waiting for device, i let it sit for like 20 minutes with nothing. I'm not sure how to proceed from here

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you did it correctly? I'm not really familiar with fastboot so I can't help much there.

But use this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1599767

Someone had the same dilemma you have and got their bootloader relocked with the command (Check towards the end of it) and got their problem solved.

Once relocked, go back to stock with it, and you can then use the downgrade method to S-OFF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz