help with new rooted phone!!..plz..

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am new to phone rooting. And i have just rooted my droidinc2.... Then downloaded a launcher called sslauncher.. after trying to custumize it, i downloaded another launcher call gingerbread... Well everything was just fine untill i decided to unistall both launchers . .. well it took me back to the regular htc home screen.. and i tried to open up the youtube app and it said something like this is no longer linked to the device..wtf??.. for some reason i dragged the youtube app and deleted it!!.. now i cant find it!!. Its not even on the app list!!.. wtf went wrong?? And went i try to download it again from the market, it wont let me it just says installed but cant open it... Any help.???

Update.... Now i cant even use my gmail app!!.. when i clixk om it, it says its not linked... And i try to link it it says 401. Nor authorized.. help..

Last edited:

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Good grief. I would do a factory reset....

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

ok thanks for the help.. but how would i do that? do i just go into the phone's settings and do a factory reset? don't i have to unroot it?? will it restore everything? im sorry but i am new at this things. ( but im learning more and more.. been reaserching on it)...

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks for the help.. but how would i do that? do i just go into the phone's settings and do a factory reset? don't i have to unroot it?? will it restore everything? im sorry but i am new at this things. ( but im learning more and more.. been reaserching on it)...

Do it from the recovery. You do have a custom recovery, like ClockWorkMod or 4ext, right?

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Did you install a custom ROM? Did you make a nandroid after rooting. You could just restore your nandroid. But if you factory reset you should not lose root

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Do it from the recovery. You do have a custom recovery, like ClockWorkMod or 4ext, right?

i think i did .. because i used revolutionary when i rooted the phone.... and it askme if i wanted to install clockworkmod.... so i guess so
but i did not install nandroid or something like that.. i was just learning when all this happen..so how i do it from the recovery?

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you install a custom ROM? Did you make a nandroid after rooting. You could just restore your nandroid. But if you factory reset you should not lose root

so yout think that if i factory reset the phone will solve my problem and not make it bigger?

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
so yout think that if i factory reset the phone will solve my problem and not make it bigger?

It should. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes and if your still having problems then we can try other options

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Doing a factory reset will not affect anything on your SD Card so do not worry there. First make sure you do not have any PG32IMG.zip files on your SD Card.

1. You can get into your recovery by turning the phone off and unplugging it.
  2. Once phone is off and unplugged press Volume Down and Power Button down at the same time and hold for 5 seconds or so.
  3. The white HTC boot screen will appear then go into what we call FastBoot. Let it set for a second you will see it start to check for some PG32IMG.zip files. Let it do its thing (it will not find any.)
  4. When its done looking use the volume button to highlight RECOVERY then hit the power button.
  5. It will reboot and you will see the White HTC screen again. After some time it will boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. Use the volume rocker to navigate to the Wipe/Factory Data Reset and hit the power button.
  6. Navigate to YES and hit the power button again. Let it do its thing. When it is complete Navigate to Reboot This Device. Hit the power Button and you should be booting into a factory like device with root and revolutionary in tact. Your SD Card will be untouched.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pieface

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Doing a factory reset will not affect anything on your SD Card so do not worry there. First make sure you do not have any PG32IMG.zip files on your SD Card.

1. You can get into your recovery by turning the phone off and unplugging it.
  2. Once phone is off and unplugged press Volume Down and Power Button down at the same time and hold for 5 seconds or so.
  3. The white HTC boot screen will appear then go into what we call FastBoost. Let it set for a second you will see it start to check for some PG32IMG.zip files. Let it do its thing (it will not find any.)
  4. When its done looking use the volume button to highlight RECOVERY then hit the power button.
  5. It will reboot and you will see the White HTC screen again. After some time it will boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. Use the volume rocker to navigate to the Wipe/Factory Data Reset and hit the power button.
  6. Navigate to YES and hit the power button again. Let it do its thing. When it is complete Navigate to Reboot This Device. Hit the power Button and you should be booting into a factory like device with root and revolutionary in tact. Your SD Card will be untouched.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Try it either way and see. I think fast boot is enabled while connected to USB. What happens when you unplug your phone and it is powered off then hold volume down THEN hold power while still holding volume down?

khriztian704

May 12, 2012
Visit site
thanks alot for the help .... it worked!!!... i powered down my phone.. hold the volume down key and the power button, took me into fastboot then clicked on recovery.. took me to the revolutionary black screen wih blue text... from the i chose the wipe data/factory reset...!! when finished, rebooted my phone .. and ... problem fixed.... it removed all my apps i downloaded ... but when i opened up the market, someh ow it synced all my apps back!!!.. that was nice!!.... so now everything is back to normal...
thank you guys... but one more thing.. now how do i create a back up?or something in case i mess up again.. like i heard nandroid but what is that?..

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You make a nandroid via recovery. It creates a copy of your phone system to your sd card. I highly recommend that you have one, in the event that you have something happen to where you can't use your phone you can restore it and in most cases you should be fine after. Epically if/when you get into flashing roms and mods.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Nandroid is what we call a back up.

To create a back up just go back into recovery in the same we mentioned before.

Choose Backup and Restore. Then Choose Backup. Then Yes. Let it work, once complete you will notice it has created a back up file (or image as it is often called). If anything happens you can restore that backup from the same menu. Instead of going to backup, just go to restore and choose the back up image you just created. The back up will have all of your apps, texts, emails, calls, everything so no need to set everything back up.

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok.. thanks alot!!. Will do it... But what is the update.zip file for??.. i really appreciate your help guys....

Where are you seeing the update.zip? I assume you are using cwm, but I got off that a wile ago so I don't remember what all exactly it does.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463