how did my phone just randomly take a screen shot?

princesskimi9

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have never downloaded any screenshot apps or "rooted" it. I don't even know what that means. I was just texting and heard the shutter and a msg popped up saying my screen shot will be saved to camera shots. and checked and there is a screen shot of what i was doing at the time.

Recently I did get my phone a little wet and since then the volume controls have been funny (I cant use the side buttons to turn volume up and sometimes it will turn the volume up automatically and beep as if someone is still pressing the button even though its maxed), but if the phone cant take screen shots anyways without doing all the extra stuff then i don't see how the water damage could be affected it. It wouldn't glitch and suddenly do something it is just not programmed to do at all.

Any idea of what is going on?

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You didn't by chance happen to hold the power and home button at the same time did you? That's how you can take a screen shot. The newer software added that as a native feature, meaning you don't need to root or get an app.

artlsx10

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I just did the same thing on my dinc2. I was viewing a txt. When I tried exiting by using the home button, I noticed the "screen shot saved" message. I don't have a clue what I did to take the screenshots but I'd like to do it again, not by accident. I tried the pressing the power and home buttons at the same time but without success. Anyone else now the trick?

FYI, this is on a stock NONrooted dinc2

Last edited:

karinagw

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
You have to hold down the power key & wait to push the home key until just before the shut-down options pop up...gotta get the timing just right.

AND, once you do that, as long as you keep your power button pushed down, you are in screenshot mode and can switch screens, enter (at least some) apps & take screenshots just by pushing the home button again. If you release the power key, you have to start from scratch.

Courtney Harris

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the home screen and power Button a hundred times and it doesnt work my fiance accidently did it a few weeks ago on his phone but idk how to do it on mine both of our phones are updated to the newest software

lt thistle

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the home screen and power Button a hundred times and it doesnt work my fiance accidently did it a few weeks ago on his phone but idk how to do it on mine both of our phones are updated to the newest software

Just make sure you first hit the power button and than the home button. You may need to enable an option in the menu, but I'm not sure on that.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Deandre Songz

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I woke up oneday 2 find out dat I hd takn a screenshot saved in ma gallery. I wntd 2 do it again ba dis tym nt ba accident. I read a lot of stuff abt dis rooting stuff n hd no idea wat all dat meant. I also read abt holding da power button n home key together. I almost gave up cos I tried it lyk a zillion runs. I read dese post again until I realised I wasn't doin it ryt. U need 2 hold on da power button jus b4 da power option show den u press da home button. Voila...it workd. Da TIMING is da most important thing. I've havnt done ani of dat rooting sh$!. It reli works. Hp y'all gt it ryt

- - - Updated - - -

I woke up oneday 2 find out dat I hd takn a screenshot saved in ma gallery. I wntd 2 do it again ba dis tym nt ba accident. I read a lot of stuff abt dis rooting stuff n hd no idea wat all dat meant. I also read abt holding da power button n home key together. I almost gave up cos I tried it lyk a zillion runs. I read dese post again until I realised I wasn't doin it ryt. U need 2 hold on da power button jus b4 da power option show den u press da home button. Voila...it workd. Da TIMING is da most important thing. I've havnt done ani of dat rooting sh$!. It reli works. Hp y'all gt it ryt