HTC Incredible 2 - no SD card

joenbeck

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
My HTC Incredible 2 no longer recognizes it's SD card, keeps asking me to insert it. Have tried the following:
1) re-mount (responds with "safe to re-mount" message)
2) factory data reset (no change)
3) putting SD card in another phone (works fine in another phone)

So I could live without an SD card until it it time for an upgrade in 6 months, BUT the phone will not let me use the camera without the SD card. Apparently this model stores all photos on the SD card? I need the camera for work -- anybody know a way to get the camera to store the photos on the "hard drive" instead of the SD card, and able to explain this to a total newb like me?

pilotjono

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Done the factory reset, reformatting the SD card, replacing the SD card with a new 16GB card, replacing it with an 8GB card, replacing it with a 2GB card. In each case, after replacing the card & powering up the phone it works perfectly for about 2 minutes, and then claims the card was removed unexpectedly. I've also tried a drop of gold contact cleaner, and a shot of aerosol contact cleaner in the phone's SD card port ... and that doesn't work either.

I'm a month out of the warranty at Verizon, and now can't use the camera because one of the software upgrades removed the ability to switch the camera's storage between internal memory and the SD card.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy