phone shows no OS and no root

cmmccaig

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have an Incredible 2 and I am in need of some help with rooting. I have been working on HTCDev root and have TWRP installed due to a tutorial on youtube on how to install viper rom. have been trying this for 2 days with no success. looks like it is installing but it doesnt. when I go to reboot it shows I have no OS and asks if I want to install SU, which I had done prior to this and could never get the binaries updated so a rom install was suggested to try. When it tries to reboot I just get HTC boot screen and that is as far as phone goes. This is the first time I am trying to root and am still trying to learn the lingo. I am not a complete ***** but I do remember much more from doing than watching. I am getting confused on the different folders that need to be used and what needs to be in them. I would like to get s-off because it looks a lot easier to install roms than with s-on, but it is obviously harder to obtain. I just need help in general I guess. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

cmmccaig

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Got it. Thanks. A friend had told me that that was normal when you wipe the OS and trying to put on another ROM. Had to install a different ROM and it worked just fine then. Changed to CWM and everything seemed to run smooth.