Droid Incredible Full Body Skin Protector

nosepicker

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So far the only one I found that had the full body droid skin was xo skins. HTC Droid Incredible Skin Protector - $11.96 : XO Skins | Screen Protector, Scratch, Shields, Armor, Guards

I ordered it yesterday and got my tracking number. Should arrive tomorrow. As soon as it gets here I will post some pics of the skin installed. Looks like I'll have my skin on the 27th and my incredible on the 28th WOOT!

Just became a facebook fan and they sent me a coupon code.
XOSfacebookfan for $2 off my next order

I sounds like a general code so good luck

Last edited:

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you used this product before? I am looking at the zagg as well (only screen, no full-body there yet) and I have heard 'yellowing' issues with Zagg, but I have a 50% off coupon for there. The price of this one is slightly higher after the coupon, but the price difference is secondary to a better product.

A good review or two of this product would be helpful!!

Here is the Zagg one ($14.99)
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | HTC Droid Incredible Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Wow...they just added full-body coverage since yesterday for $24.99!!

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The glossy black silicone skin they sell at Verizon is REALLY good. It fits perfectly and addresses the two concerns I had with the phone. 1, that the camera protrudes so far that when you lay the device down it makes contact with the surface - the skin comes out far enough that that doesn't happen. 2, that I can set it face down on a flat surface and the screen will not be scratched by some small grains of dust/dirt. The skin provides a small bevel around the screen that lifts it up ever so slightly.

It also has a somewhat cool "scale" design, visible when light hits it just the right way.

I'll post pics...

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Pics of the Verizon glossy silicone skin for Incredible:
YA4sZJ_-eePQVVgpyMI__Q

IMG_6814.JPG

IMG_6809.JPG

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Is that glossy silicone skin "sticky"? Will it get hung up in a pocket?
Also, I love the idea of a Zagg skin, but after having them on both a storm and an iPhone, they peal up at the corners sometimes. Even if you have their people install it.
I dont know what i'm going to do yet.

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Well unfortunatly I have about 3 months left to look (my new every 2 ends late July) but I will look at all of these. I will be looking for the screen only. I am hoping a good leather bilfold-type case will come out.

Matthoop11

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a Zagg invisible shield on my Samsumg Omnia last year. Honestly, I would never buy it again, for a touch screen phone especially. It protects the phone well, but it sometimes has a sticky feeling that makes it very difficult to swipe on the touch screen. It only really works when your hands are well moisturized or oily, otherwise they will slightly stick. Also eventually the small pieces on the sides will eventually start to come off and collect lint.

Also if you screw up the application and let bubbles under the skin, even though most will evaporate, micro bubbles will still be stuck there and be very annoying. It's annoying to apply and can be an easy $30 loss if you screw up bad.

My honest opinion is to do with what I did with my Droid: Buy a kick ass "Seidio Innocase" and get one of those general screen protectors. The innocase fits well, looks amazing, and is thin enough to not add virtually any bulk at all. Also the screen protectors are better for sliding fingers on the phone and never cause sticking.

One thing to note is that I use ShapeWriter as my on screen keyboard, so I do a lot of swiping and prefer to have the least resistance or sticking possible.

nosepicker

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got home from work and it's here! Ill post some pics of my loot soon. The box is very cool. It has some texture on it like snake skin. It came with a spray bottle, squeegee, and instructions. Took me about 3 minutes to install. Its very smooth and easy to slide my finger across the screen.

nosepicker

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That silicon case is pretty cool. I may get one then just use the screen protector. The back feels like rubber so who knows if you can even scratch it. Does it hang on to the phone well. I used to use cases but they always popped off on me and drove me nuts.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
PhantomSkinz 25% off spring25
GhostArmor.com 10% off 20090325
Zagg 20% off zagg20
Skinomi.com 25% off get25

Last edited:

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That silicon case is pretty cool. I may get one then just use the screen protector. The back feels like rubber so who knows if you can even scratch it. Does it hang on to the phone well. I used to use cases but they always popped off on me and drove me nuts.

it fits the phone extremely well. very tight. it's harder to get it off then it is to put it on

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I bought the black silicone skin but am finding that it isn't giving the power button enough room to raise up all the way...so I don't get a good release of the button after clicking. Has anyone else had that same experience?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have you used this product before? I am looking at the zagg as well (only screen, no full-body there yet) and I have heard 'yellowing' issues with Zagg, but I have a 50% off coupon for there. The price of this one is slightly higher after the coupon, but the price difference is secondary to a better product.

A good review or two of this product would be helpful!!

Here is the Zagg one ($14.99)
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | HTC Droid Incredible Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Wow...they just added full-body coverage since yesterday for $24.99!!

I have used zagg on everything...cameras, bb's, treos, regular phones, gps, scanner radios, EVERYTHING.
Screen doesn't turn yellow. It's the corners that do because they are exposed when you have the full body shield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol