For those who use InvisibleShield by ZAGG...

HTC D Inc

May 31, 2010
Visit site
For those who use InvisibleShield by ZAGG, did you follow the instructions and wait 12-24 hours before turning the device back on? What's the risk if you turn it on before the allotted time?

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I did everything according to the instructions, and have installed these on devices before. I have since taken mine off, and sent it back for a refund for the following reasons:

1) Screen was almost unreadable in sunlight, even with the backlight turned all the way up.

2) The "Orange Peel" effect looks awful and took away from the gorgeous front of this phone.

3) My touchscreen felt like it lost some of its sensitivity, found myself having to hold down on a part of the screen for longer than before installation in order to register the command/character I wanted.

Just my experience, I know some people love theirs...wish I were one of those peeps.

$0.02 FWIW

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I've got it. I followed all the instructions as they were written, except i didnt wait that long. i dried it off pretty good with the squeegy (sp?) and then used a paper towel to get anything left. you'll be fine, just make sure you dry it off good first. i agree with the other guy, though. the orange peel does make the screen look like ass, and it does take away some sensitivity. i plan on getting a different one soon, too.

HTC D Inc

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any more bubbles, I squeegeed everything pretty good and toweled it off. It's just I waited a month for this phone, I don't wanna ruin the phone or something if I don't wait the full time.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I did everything according to the instructions, and have installed these on devices before. I have since taken mine off, and sent it back for a refund for the following reasons:

1) Screen was almost unreadable in sunlight, even with the backlight turned all the way up.

2) The "Orange Peel" effect looks awful and took away from the gorgeous front of this phone.

3) My touchscreen felt like it lost some of its sensitivity, found myself having to hold down on a part of the screen for longer than before installation in order to register the command/character I wanted.

Just my experience, I know some people love theirs...wish I were one of those peeps.

$0.02 FWIW
these were my concerns with getting an invisible shield and the reason i ended up opting OUT of getting one

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any more bubbles, I squeegeed everything pretty good and toweled it off. It's just I waited a month for this phone, I don't wanna ruin the phone or something if I don't wait the full time.

No I never wait. They tell you to wait so you don't mess the Shield up. It's easier to mark up when it's wet. What I mean by that is that if you press your nail into the shield when it's wet it will leave an indent that doesn't seem to ever go away after it dries. Also, it's a lot tackier when it's wet which makes it a little harder to use. Turning the device on is fine. I put mine on and was playing with it 5 minutes later and have done the same with all my devices that have had a Zagg shield on them.

Isn't the screen unreadable in direct sunlight regardless? Sorry, I wouldn't know the difference because I have had mine on since the factory protective screen came off. I have almost 0 orange peel effect on mine for some reason. I know what you are talking about though since I've used these on other devices.

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I applied it late at night (was about 2am), after about 1/2 hour, went to bed, but did plug it in for charging. Was fine the next morning. Most likely would have been fine then too.

I didn't like the rubbery feel for a good solid week before I got used to it. Even still has it a bit. I found that I don't touch the phone hard and slide, but very lightly and it works great. The orange peel look is still kind of there, but nobody looks at the phone that close.

I carry the phone in my front left pocket, screen in and nothing else in the pocket... works great. Also used the vinyl covers on the back (Silver) to give it a bit of a different look.

I saw no difference between using it bare and with the zagg for outside use.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I prefer Zagg because you can beat the crap out of them. I have had 0 issues with them and I'm not nice to them. Never had to replace them for scratching or any other reason. Let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I didn't follow any instructions, instead I let Best Buy install it for me so I could watch it being applied and ask questions the first time. I had no concerns about using the phone, but I did keep the silicone case off until the next afternoon, about 24 hours. I didn't want to have the corners peel on me.

I've not had sensitivity issues and although I can see the orange peel affect when the screen is asleep and I have the lighting just right, it doesn't bother me. I haven't looked at one without a screen protector so I don't notice whether it affects the display or not...but I still find the display to be great.

Steve in CT

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
The guy at Best Buy put mine on for me and I have never had any problems. There were some micro bubbles under it but they are gone now. I was playing with it 10 mins after he put it on and there were no problems at all. For the first week it felt a little tacky but now that feeling is gone and I love it. It doesn't affect my visibility of the screen or anything. Only thing is the sliding probably isn't the best on it but it doesn't affect or bother me. I love how protective and the lifetime warranty. I wouldn't get another kind of shield.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I junked the horrible screen protectors that Verizon sells for the Zagg shield instead. I had the vendor install it for me. Costs $5, but it was worth it. No orange peel effect or loss of sensitivity for me. If I had put it on myself, it would've been disastrous. My DInc really is unreadable in the sun but it was unreadable anyway. I did wait about 36 hours before putting my silicon case back on, to avoid the corner peeling problem. It's been 2 weeks and between the shield and my silicon case, I really feel the phone is protected. For me, the shield was a good choice.

mitechie

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried it on my incredible but was really unhappy with it. Did wait the 12 hours to let it dry out. Basically applied at night and went to bed. I really liked the Zagg on my E71 before. It just looked awful on the Incredible. I ended up getting a phantom skin. Of course I put a nice scratch down the length in the phantom skin not 3 days after putting it on. So definitely not as tough, but oh well.

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If the shield is installed correctly, after about a week you can't even tell its there when the screen is on. Yeah, you can see the orange peel effect when the screen is asleep, but not at all when its on. Also, it doesn't make it any more unreadable in sunlight than it is without the shield on. And, i have NO sensitivity issues, and after a few weeks of use, it feels just as slick as it does using the bare screen.

DONT EXPECT PERFECT RESULTS AFTER 24 HOURS!

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the same Orange peel problems but they are the best I have found. you can run your nail right down the screen and it will heal its self over a little time. it is the only one I have found that will stay put over the daily use of my phone. most will peel off at a corner at some point.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I had it put on for me, this guy was good it took him about 10 min.He did the whole phone (Droid) Looks great.It was in a mall in N.J.

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I had mine installed at Best Buy by the tech and he turned it on right when he was done. So far no issues with it, and it's been on about a month.

Cnote187

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I love mine , no issues at all , while it does get fingerprints every now and then, I feel it does a much better job against them than every other screen shield out there, and I think I have had just about all of them. That includes the Seidio protector.