Officially BUMMED with Seidio Terrible Experience

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
So back on 5/7 I decided to order some Screen Protectors for me and my wife's Incredibles. Not for the protection as much as the Anti Glare/Anti Smudge properties they advertise (this is the type I ordered due to these claims) I also figured that Gorilla Glass or no it cant hurt to protect it. The item had a BRIGHT RED SHIPS ON 5/14 over the product image (I am sure some of you have seen this as you drooled over their upcoming extended capacity batteries as I did). I figured "cool it is worth waiting 7 days" and I placed the order. Now I understand product delays etc. but combine that with poor customer service and broken promises and I get annoyed. I will explain:

5/14 Came...and went. On 5/18 I sent a disappointed but friendly email stating my concerns (and pointing out that I somehow scratched my screen while waiting for the screen protectors which is a whole other story). I got an email that let me know of the delay and estimated another date range closer to the end of May...that came and went.

5/31 I sent a more disappointed yet still civil email. The next day I received a (generic) email stating that my concerns would be shared with the proper people and that the would be "interested" to hear what I had to say. The proved to be so interested that that was the last I heard from Seidio on that one; they completely ignored it...Zero response.

Finally I sent an e-mail in early June which was responded to stating that they could not adequately address my concern over email so they would like me to call customer service with my ticket number so they could discuss the matter with me. I was moving to another city so I had not had the time until today. Their "lengthly explanation/discussion that could not fit into an email" consisted of this: Customer service rep answers, I explain situation and give ticket number, I sit on phone for 3-5 minutes while he skims over all the information only to tell me "oh, okay sir, there seems like there is a backorder on those products" I informed him that that seems impossible since I never got mine and I pre-ordered he stated "well, when they ship them to us we will ship them to you...let me see if I can help you out....there sir, you will get free shipping for your troubles have a nice day sir".

Free shipping! ON WHAT? When "they" ship them to "us" I AM ORDERING DIRECT FROM SEIDIO!

Sorry to rant and rave on for so long about screen protectors but I needed to vent and it is not really about screen protectors, it is about the fact that a company treats me poorly because it is not a high end or expensive product. I have bought the same phone for myself and my wife from Palm to Blackberry after Blackberry to Android and have really come to like Seidio products and have purchased Hundreds if not Thousands of dollars worth of their products over the years (batteries, cases, chargers, screen protectors etc. always purchased in two's and most recently a couple of $50.00 1750 mah batteries for our inc's) but I may be done. I really wanted the innocase combo but I do not know if it is worth buying quality products from a company if they do not value or work with their customers.

Any way thats my .02 (or maybe a bit more lol) either way thanks for reading my rant.

laneharts

May 4, 2010
Visit site
TOTALLY, TOTALLY AGREE!!!...i have been going through the exact same scenario waiting on these things and when I called this is what I got from customer service "sir, we can cancel the order if you like because you havent been charged yet." what kind of bs is that?

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Go with Otterbox products. They do not sell screen protectors individually, but they sell amazing cases that are much better bang for your buck than Seidio, and their customer service is amazing.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So back on 5/7 I decided to order some Screen Protectors for me and my wife's Incredibles. Not for the protection as much as the Anti Glare/Anti Smudge properties they advertise (this is the type I ordered due to these claims) I also figured that Gorilla Glass or no it cant hurt to protect it. The item had a BRIGHT RED SHIPS ON 5/14 over the product image (I am sure some of you have seen this as you drooled over their upcoming extended capacity batteries as I did). I figured "cool it is worth waiting 7 days" and I placed the order. Now I understand product delays etc. but combine that with poor customer service and broken promises and I get annoyed. I will explain:

5/14 Came...and went. On 5/18 I sent a disappointed but friendly email stating my concerns (and pointing out that I somehow scratched my screen while waiting for the screen protectors which is a whole other story). I got an email that let me know of the delay and estimated another date range closer to the end of May...that came and went.

5/31 I sent a more disappointed yet still civil email. The next day I received a (generic) email stating that my concerns would be shared with the proper people and that the would be "interested" to hear what I had to say. The proved to be so interested that that was the last I heard from Seidio on that one; they completely ignored it...Zero response.

Finally I sent an e-mail in early June which was responded to stating that they could not adequately address my concern over email so they would like me to call customer service with my ticket number so they could discuss the matter with me. I was moving to another city so I had not had the time until today. Their "lengthly explanation/discussion that could not fit into an email" consisted of this: Customer service rep answers, I explain situation and give ticket number, I sit on phone for 3-5 minutes while he skims over all the information only to tell me "oh, okay sir, there seems like there is a backorder on those products" I informed him that that seems impossible since I never got mine and I pre-ordered he stated "well, when they ship them to us we will ship them to you...let me see if I can help you out....there sir, you will get free shipping for your troubles have a nice day sir".

Free shipping! ON WHAT? When "they" ship them to "us" I AM ORDERING DIRECT FROM SEIDIO!

Sorry to rant and rave on for so long about screen protectors but I needed to vent and it is not really about screen protectors, it is about the fact that a company treats me poorly because it is not a high end or expensive product. I have bought the same phone for myself and my wife from Palm to Blackberry after Blackberry to Android and have really come to like Seidio products and have purchased Hundreds if not Thousands of dollars worth of their products over the years (batteries, cases, chargers, screen protectors etc. always purchased in two's and most recently a couple of $50.00 1750 mah batteries for our inc's) but I may be done. I really wanted the innocase combo but I do not know if it is worth buying quality products from a company if they do not value or work with their customers.

Any way thats my .02 (or maybe a bit more lol) either way thanks for reading my rant.

I will follow up tomorrow. Sorry about this.

Seidio

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You do realize they don't actually produce the cases, they engineer them and contract the production out to a plastics company that makes them. So they have to wait on them to get to their warehouse before they ship to customers. I know how irritating it is to have these issues though.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have more then one bad experience with Seidio. I hope Incipio introduces a line of Inc accessories. I had terrific experiences with there BB products and customer service..

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
That's why I buy Seidio products though Amazon - more reliable (I order from Amazon often and have never felt any part of their operation to be lacking), better price, free shipping.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have more then one bad experience with Seidio. I hope Incipio introduces a line of Inc accessories. I had terrific experiences with there BB products and customer service..

Yeah I was hoping for an Incipio case at some point but I don't think it'll happen.

11b2p

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had VERY bad customer service with Seidio as well.

They talk a good game (sediosedio being on this forum is evidence of that) but when it is time to take care of the customer they really do not care.

I wouldn't own another Seidio product even if it was free.

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow. All this Seido hatred. I was about to order the Innocase combo, but this is making me think twice...

Definitely think twice. The only reason I am keeping mine is because the Otterbox Commuter does not come with a holster. If it did, I would pay more money in a heartbeat. Otterbox cases are much better and their customer service is incredible. Back when the BlackBerry Tour came out last year, they made a very small error (but mass produced) in one of their cases that caused people to have to snip the plastic off the end of their chargers in order to get it in. Instead of telling people to go buy a razor blade and cut their charger, they sent out a free case to everyone that bought one of the defects. Over in the EVO forum, seidioseidio is telling people to go get either electrical tape or felt to put in their BRAND NEW $30 Innocase to make the phone fit in the case properly. Common sense Seidio: when you make a mistake, own up to it and fix it.
Getting somebody from their company to get an account on a forum and relay the exact same BS messages does not take too much. Owning up to your mistakes and fixing them does.
Bottom Line: Otterbox may have a wait to get their case, but it will be worth it in the end.

laxnkio

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth...I love my Innocase and screen protector from seidio. I also love the 1750mah battery from them. No problems and great feel from all their products so far.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Seidio makes terrific products but they definately have thier issues. First, thier products take too long to get to market. Now, I wont pretend to know when they recieve official measurements from the phone manufacturers, but they seem to be late releasing thier stuff more an more. They also put stuff on thier site that says "coming soon" that never comes. These antiglare screen protectors are case in point. They have been there since day one. I believe they went from pre-order, to back order and now they are totally gone. As far as I know, not one person has actually recieved them. They did the same thing with thier slim extended battery for the Moto Droid. It was on there for months as "coming soon" and then it disappeared. They also take too long to ship thier products. Two days of "processing" is a joke. You can order something from Verizon at 2 PM and it will ship out that day. And I really dont understand why they havent penetrated into brick and mortor. Makes no sense really.

Other than that, their products are very good generally and thier customer support is responsive when they have the right info. My innocase was not fitting on my Inc the way all of thier other cases have fit the assorted phone I have owned. they are sending me a new one and when I recieve I will send back this one. Not bad if you ask me. Of course it takes 1-2 business days for them to ship it. I think they need a new warehouse manager or something.

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that Seidio was very easy to deal with for me. I ordered my case and screen protectors and they were delivered within 3 business days, just as the website had said.

To further back their service, I personally didn't care for the look and feel of the case, so I asked for an RMA...and they granted it no questions asked.

I kept the screen protectors and will buy more gear from them in the future. As with any organization that sells to the common consumer, there will be issues. That said, I know how anxious we all get in here when we have our pretty new toy and want to dress it up nice to take out on the town!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That's why I buy Seidio products though Amazon - more reliable (I order from Amazon often and have never felt any part of their operation to be lacking), better price, free shipping.

yep....and I get better service with replacements....
Not using their products with my droid.....